DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Power Up

Sheppie

Reactions
Is their a certain order that things need to be powered on, Etc., phone, remote, aircraft

Is their a certain order that things need to be powered on, Etc., phone, remote, aircraft
Reason for asking, My LG G6 wont connect half of the time. When it does it works fine but other times it wont connect.
My LG G7 works perfect every time. Any thoughts.

Wasn't even thinking about it, but you might want to look here:

(Mavic Air):

"Launch the DJI GO 4 app on your phone or tablet
Power up controller by pressing then pressing and holding the power button in the top right corner.
Power up Mavic Air by pressing then pressing and holding the power button on the battery for a couple of seconds."

(Mavic Pro help):

"Power up the controller and wait for it to say "Connecting". When it gets to that state, the DJI app usually starts on its own because I set it to always open when the controller comes on. I will then turn on the Mavic, and once it is ready, the connected will turn green, and the "Go Fly" button will be highlighted. I hit that and in I go to start."

Try both sequences multiple times and see which one is working for you. Apparently, I'm doing it wrong... :cool: Will try and do it right next time.

Wasn't even thinking about it, but you might want to look here:

(Mavic Air):

"Launch the DJI GO 4 app on your phone or tablet
Power up controller by pressing then pressing and holding the power button in the top right corner.
Power up Mavic Air by pressing then pressing and holding the power button on the battery for a couple of seconds."

(Mavic Pro help):

"Power up the controller and wait for it to say "Connecting". When it gets to that state, the DJI app usually starts on its own because I set it to always open when the controller comes on. I will then turn on the Mavic, and once it is ready, the connected will turn green, and the "Go Fly" button will be highlighted. I hit that and in I go to start."

Try both sequences multiple times and see which one is working for you. Apparently, I'm doing it wrong... :cool: Will try and do it right next time.
I would assume that it would be the same for the Mavic Air 2 and the Go Fly app.

The proper way to start up a radio controlled device is the controller first then what it controls (aircraft) second as there was always the chance of a rouge signal being received by the controlled device. This is much less likely for DJI equipment since the controlled is paired to the controller.

I always start my RC first, turn on my Android tablet in airplane mode and start Go 4, plug the USB control cable from the RC to the tablet, then turn on my MP. I used to let Go 4 start automatically but sometimes it wouldn't so now I start it manually.

It seems logical to have the RC and tablet and Go 4 running before turning on the aircraft, since this is the state of connections when you turn off the aircraft to change batteries then turn it on again.

Reactions: EricJT
I always start my RC first, turn on my Android tablet in airplane mode and start Go 4, plug the USB control cable from the RC to the tablet, then turn on my MP.
Me too. Sometimes I turn on AC first, then app, then controller... No difference until now.

Does it make a difference if phone is in airplane mode or not.

It doesn't, but you could receive text or call when you have our Mavic up in the air, and that's distracting. You should keep it in Airplane mode.

Last edited:
It doesn't, but you could receive text or call when you have our Mavic up in the air, and that's distracting. ou should keep it in Airplane mode.
I have a LG G6 that has no sim card that I use just for flying. That is the reason for the question.

It may, depending on the device (phone or tablet). If it is an under-powered tablet like mine, airplane mode turns off WiFi and frees up some processing power.

Figured out my problem. My USB C port on my LG G6 is bad. When cable is plugged in if you press and release on plug that goes into the phone it will connect and disconnect.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman