DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

In manufacturing, a few key and fundamental metrics are:
1-How many orders you have for a product
2-How many of those products you can build a day
3-How long it will take you to fulfill the orders

I appreciate the latest update as it is a much better effort to communicate with customers. However, what we really want to know is when we will receive the orders. Why should we have to play guessing games at it? It makes me wonder if DJI doesn't know these fundamental metrics for their business. Or- if they just choose not to tell us. If they know the information, it would seem to take a relatively small amount of effort to send individual emails to customers giving them an update on when to expect their individual orders instead of a shotgun email that gives a range up to two months. The effort to do this would seem to be less work than fielding all the inquiries by chat, email, etc. to customer support.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is this not something we can start looking at in the spreadsheet? I tried copying the data over to excel, but the spreadsheet is locked to prevent this.

We have a bulk of data of when orders were placed, with which vendor and which date orders have been shipped. You can see from entries that orders are heavy in the first few days, so if we treat this as a representative sample, we should be able to come up with projected ship dates for the remaining open orders. Of course this assumes that DJI is continuing on as they have and if they have shifted priorities, then we'll have to wait to hear back from the people who ordered from Apple, Best Buy, etc.

Reactions: ___
Yesterday, from the European DJI chat the guy told me that only orders from sept 27/28 have been shipped, about the rest of the days, he didnt know when would be the shippment....

My hopes are that when the Inspire 2 goes on pre-order there will be no instant payment and get charged when the order is fulfilled. My gripes are that I have my pre-order charges "on hold" until it ships. I can't pay my bill even to free up that credit. Not a big deal since I can just keep the cash in my account, but still bothersome my AMEX is tied up with the charges from the Mavic.

I ordered a Mobile a month ago. Still waiting, I suppose because I ordered a Mavic with. I emailed a request to split the order, but no response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I ordered from Adorama since they had it in stock. I guess your order might be stuck since you ordered them together.

I ordered from Adorama since they had it in stock. I guess your order might be stuck since you ordered them together.

I don't see why they would hold a mobile phone until your Mavic is shipped. I'd understand if it was an actual Mavic accessory that would be useless to have until you have a Mavic.

Edit: Looks like I said this to the wrong person lol

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Shipping Updates:

Post your retailer, order date (PDT if possible), and ship out date when available!

Link to Shipping Updates

Don't forget to get back to this thread to post your shipment date as soon as it is available.

Summary by date shipments and retailer with heat map now available.

Cut-off is up to October 31. Orders placed on November 1 and beyond will no longer be included in the database.

Add me please. We ordered 3 in my family. Two on Oct 13, one from Best Buy and one from Amazon/Amazon. Then ordered another Oct 24 DJI direct. All basic. Of course none are shipped.

Reactions: TopQuark
Add me please. We ordered 3 in my family. Two on Oct 13, one from Best Buy and one from Amazon/Amazon. Then ordered another Oct 24 DJI direct. All basic. Of course none are shipped.
WOW, your family REALLY likes the Mavic.

Reactions: ___
Seems like only every other night there is a flood of shipment notices then nothing... So instead of shipping say 50 a night they wait and send 100, everyone gets excited and says " their ramping up production!" in reality its the same.

Seems like only every other night there is a flood of shipment notices then nothing... So instead of shipping say 50 a night they wait and send 100, everyone gets excited and says " their ramping up production!" in reality its the same.

i don't even think they send that many.

I agree the DJI batteries are pretty solid. If they get discharged too far they will just not take a charge anymore. I've run many to 0-1% on my distance runs. It's smart in the sense that they wont allow you to charge them if they are too low on voltage...Whereas a lot of times you can bypass the internal smart board to revive them...But that's where the danger comes in... Here's an intersting video of a DJI lipo fire... It can still happen but is rarer than any regular lipo.

yeah that's the first DJI battery i've seen do that without trying to do it. it's things like that which is why i have a lipo safe bag. some brands aren't as good as others, ill have to look up the particular brand i use and link it later. i actually tested mine by overcharging a battery and it does contain the fire. it will ruin the bag but that's about it, the bag will melt on the inside and might be a couple little holes in it. id also suggest not putting several batteries into one. to be safe i would suggest you buy a bag for each lipo that you have, they aren't expensive at all. this is for two reasons really, 1. if one battery combusts it will ruin any other battery in the bag. 2. if you have them all in one bag and they catch fire you have to buy all the batteries again instead of just one.

Reactions: kameit00
I can't seem to bring up the spreadsheet. maybe my IT group is blocking it somehow.

What is the best size bag to hold one Mavic battery?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00T...arging+bag&dpPl=1&dpID=51BXren5jjL&ref=plSrch

i believe this one would work because the Mavic battery looks pretty small, I couldn't find any dimensions on the Mavic battery to compare it to the bag. I'm pretty sure it would fit in that though and you can also charge it in that bag. Also if you do end up buying one, and again, these accidents rarely happen and most the time it's neglect or actually trying to make it explode, but if you get the bags i'd always have your batteries in it and don't leave a battery in your mavic when you're not using it. In the rare event one would catch fire, instead of losing a 90 dollar battery you would also lose a 1000 dollar drone.

Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery:

137mm x 97mm x 64mm
or
5.4in x 3.8in x 2.5in

This is very approx. but should give you a good indication for purchasing a LIPO bag.

Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery:

137mm x 97mm x 64mm
or
5.4in x 3.8in x 2.5in

This is very approx. but should give you a good indication for purchasing a LIPO bag.
I think this is the packaging size and not the battery size. Too bad I am not at home to measure the actual battery size.

Reactions: devinrhall
Those bags are cool, but Fly More Combo folks are going to want something that will hold the charger plus 3-4 batteries.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_