DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Those bags are cool, but Fly More Combo folks are going to want something that will hold the charger plus 3-4 batteries.

yeah they will want a bag that big, so if one battery catches fire then everything else in that bag will also be ruined.

Honestly that charging hub is only a little bit convenient. It still charges one battery at a time but just makes it where you don't have to check to see if one is done and plug another one in. In my opinion the hub is worthless and you should be around the area they're charging anyways. It's a cool add on in the fly more package but i won't buy one separately because i'm around my batteries when they charge.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Hello, I registered to this site to share some information I received today and haven't read anywhere else in this detail.
I ordered a Combo at a German reseller "Globe Flight" on 10/04/16.
This is the translated mail I got today:

Dear XXX,

We would like to inform you about the latest information on the DJI Mavic Pro delivery status, which we have received from our contact person in China.
In short, according to DJI, our first deliveries are expected to arrive in November, but the majority of the pre-orders can only be served in December.
The stated quantity for the first deliveries in November is currently only roughly fixed. Based on the data provided by DJI, we estimate, that we can ship pre-orders with the first deliveries from the period until approx. 10/01/16. Later orders are then processed in December (all data according to DJI and without guarantee!). The delivery takes place strictly chronologically according to the order date, so your position on the waiting list will remain, of course, despite the delay.
This delivery delay has a worldwide effect and has several reasons:
• Enormous demand, greater than expected
• Taifun Sarika middle / end of October
• Early release to re-establish itself as a world market leader against competing brands

Currently, forums are already circulating about the first dispatched direct orders from the DJI Store, however, the number of items was very low and largely intended for bloggers, press, etc. We also suspect that this is a kind of test run as with previous product re-leases, since there is a software update for the Mavic.
However, DJI states on his own homepage:
„For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks.“
The general delivery delay therefore also affects orders from retailers as well as direct orders in the DJI Store.
The full official statement of DJI can be found here:
Mavic Pro Shipping Update, Nov. 3, 2016

We apologize for the delay and thank you very much for your confidence in us! We'll keep you up to date.

Yours sincerely
Team Globe Flight

"For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks."

7 to 8 weeks!!!! God ****! :(

Reactions: captainserial
Well done that company for the explanation

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Are there any problems with the Mavic shipping? I ordered mine a while ago and have not heard anything regarding a ship date.
Has anyone else had this experience?

Are there any problems with the Mavic shipping? I ordered mine a while ago and have not heard anything regarding a ship date.
Welcome to this lovely thread! Not sure if you are serious or joking.
If you are serious, then yes, almost EVERYONE has had an issue about not hearing anything about a ship date.

you're pretty much in the club. like 200 people probably have theirs and the spread sheet does not include everyone. it's from everyone here and it's not the guys fault who is making the spreadsheet. he can only use the data that is given to him.

I believe he's kidding.
Joined 12 Oct with 84 messages and missing one the most write and read topics in this forum?
Very hard to believe :)

That's funny, I just purchased a Mavic combo on the DJI site a few days ago and it shipped the following day. Tracking number says it should be here on Monday. I'm pissed to have to wait over the entire weekend, but whatever.

Reactions: Josh Miller
"For Mavic Pro orders received before November 3, 2016, we will do our best to clear them all within the next seven to eight weeks."

When I placed my order in September I was pretty confident I'd have a Mavic in time for a trip to Thailand on December 18. I mean, that's like 11 weeks after pre-order. Now it looks like its gonna go down to the wire.

But at least DJI provided an update with some meaningful information. That counts for something, right?
It's now prohibited to fly à drone un Thaïland...

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using MavicPilots mobile app

That's funny, I just purchased a Mavic combo on the DJI site a few days ago and it shipped the following day. Tracking number says it should be here on Monday. I'm pissed to have to wait over the entire weekend, but whatever.

you purchased a few days ago and you're pissed to wait over a weekend. Sorry for the trauma.

i understand your pain

Koozam sent me the 7-8 week additional delay email.DJI are pathetic.I wouldn't mind the delay but I sold my P3 when shipping was still to be in October.Now my Thannksgiving vacation camping trip will not have the awesome drone footage I wanted to get.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

It's now prohibited to fly à drone un Thaïland...

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using MavicPilots mobile app

Are you sure? I have spent a lot of time researching this topic, and the clearest and most consistent explanation I have found looks like this, which is repeated elsewhere:

Quick Look at the New Drone Law in Thailand

There are two types of drones or unmanned aerial vehicles:

CATEGORY 1: Used for hobby or other recreational use such as entertainment or sport.
CATEGORY 2: Used for TV news, movie making etc

If you have a drone in Category 1 that weighs less than two kilos and you are 18 years or older, than you don’t need permission to fly from the Ministry of Transport. But, you do need to obey the following rules:

1. Before flight
(a) Check that the drone and remote control is in a good condition to fly
(b) You have permission from the owner of the land where you wish to fly
(c) You have checked the environment and airspace of the location you are flying
(d) You have an emergency plan in case of an accident

2. During the flight
(a) It is forbidden to fly in a way that may cause harm to the life, property and peace of others.
(b) It is forbidden to fly in restricted zones as announced in “Aeronautical Information Publication – Thailand” and also at government buildings and hospitals unless permission is given.
(c) The take-off and landing must not be obstructed by anything
(d) You must keep the drone in line-of-sight at all times and not rely on the monitor or other devices
(e) You can only fly between sunrise and sunset when the drone can clearly be seen
(f) It is forbidden to fly in or near clouds
(g) It is forbidden to fly within nine kilometres of an airport or in the flight path unless you have permission from aircraft control.
(h) It is forbidden to fly higher than ninety metres above the ground.
(i) It is forbidden to fly over cities, villages, communities or areas where people are gathered.
(j) Do not fly near other aircraft that have pilots
(k) Do not violate the privacy rights of others
(l) Do not cause a nuisance to others
(m) Do not mount anything danergous or lasers on the drone
(n) It is forbidden to fly closer than 30 meters to people, vehicles or buildings

If your drone is in Category 1 but weighs more than two kilos but less than 25 kilos, you must be at least twenty years of age, not a threat to national security and never been imprisoned. You must also have a license to fly from the Director General of the Department of Civil Aviation. You have to follow the rules as outlined above but in addition you must have more knowledge about drone maintence and safety and aircraft rules. You must have emergency equipment on hand such as fire extinguisher. You also must have third party insurance of not less than one million Baht. Finally, in the list above, clause (n) the distance between drone and people, buildings, cars etc cannot be less than 50 metres. If you have an accident, you must inform authorities immediately.

Drones in Category 2 have to be licensed and insured and obey the rules the same as drones in Category 1 that are heavier than two kilos."

I even sent an email to officials in Thailand enquiring about the permit process, but never received a response.
Given the weight of the Mavic, I don't believe it requires a permit for recreational use.
Do you have more recent information about the legalities of flying in Thailand?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25