DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

Best Buy order last night, this morning notified it has shipped for arrival on Tuesday.
Couple other orders outstanding at Apple and Newegg. Will wait to cancel till I'm more sure of BestBuy.
Or somebody is getting nice Christmas present if I wait too long.

So, from what I'm seeing, orders placed well into Nov are now shipping from DJI Direct. Seems like a major ramping up of production in the last couple of weeks. Now the $1299 question is: in what proportion will these ever increasing units be sent... retail outlets or direct orders/preorders. In any case, it seems as if the missing Mavic tunnel might have light at the end of it.

Last edited:
Amazon shipped the Fly More accessories (no drone, no bag) to someone else, they returned for exchange and today they received....

No, you're wrong if you were thing P3s.

They received the accessories and bag this time, but no drone.

Amazon is trying to outdo DJI in the Mavic Pro supply chain fiasco.

Mine will be seven. Seems they're ramping up.

It seems DJI Direct is up to Nov 5 with Fly-More and up to Oct 30 with Basic Package.

Number of days between order and shipment are clearly reducing but still over 40.

BestBuy order of last night changed its status to SHIPPED and should arrive on the Dec 20th.

I should now cancel my Nov 9 basic-package order from DJI direct.

Attachments

• charts.PNG
    charts.PNG
    46.6 KB · Views: 57
Finally!!!!! I picked up my Mavic Pro Fly More Combo yesterday the 16th of Dec. I preordered from a local DJI Authorized retail outlet on the 13th of October. So 2 months and 2 days. I almost did not make this round of preorders , but 4 people cancelled which meant that I was just under the allotted number that the retailer received in this batch.

1260 out the door - no shipping and no tax. Sold for 39 dollars less than retail price! Sometimes it pays to wait patiently. :) You can update the spreadsheet to reflect that I received mine.

My Newegg order from two weeks ago still has not gone through on my credit card.. but my extra battery did, and got tracking number 3 days ago, but the tracking number still says nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Guys, it is worth the wait and the aggravation. What i cannot believe is that the price was only $ 999 USD. Got mine yesterday and this is one serious 'toy'

The look and feel is extremely solid and there are a ton of features. The documentation is not totally complete so some things have to be figured out but i did my first four beginner mode hover flights today and it is a rush. I fly full size AC and this toy is just about up there for fun levels (and right now as a noob, in complexity as well to figure out what everything does).

Shipments are definitely picking up. If it comes DHL like mine did, you will wait longer as they absolutely SUCK at tracking and knowing where your stuff is but once you get it, it will be worth the wait.

The 'experience ' is Apple like in the box opening but this is no kids toy so read the manuals and watch the tutorials before you take to flight.

Enjoy !!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Isone
My UK order - made from dronesdirect.co.uk in mid October - is delayed further!!

Shipping date has just been changed from December 16th to - wait for this - March 2017!!!!

I'm kinda dumbfounded! What's going on here? Is this the same for the whole of the UK?

My UK order - made from dronesdirect.co.uk in mid October - is delayed further!!

Shipping date has just been changed from December 16th to - wait for this - March 2017!!!!

I'm kinda dumbfounded! What's going on here? Is this the same for the whole of the UK?
WOW. that really sucks! Might as well wait for Mavic 2.

Reactions: dewster
Ordered the Mavic on Friday, was shipped today (Sunday)... Guess I got lucky. :) Norwegian online retailer.

FedEx tracking puts mine at FedEx sort facility in L.A. Delivery tomorrow morning before 10:30 AM. :)Thumbswayup

Ordered the Mavic on Friday, was shipped today (Sunday)... Guess I got lucky. :) Norwegian online retailer.
Ordered mine also from a Norwegian retailer, Fly more combo on the 27th oct, got shipping information today!! Just in time for Christmas :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks