DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

This is a really good take on the issue. The bottom line is... people believe this product far surpasses the competitors. If it wasn't viewed that way people would cancel their orders and get the Go-Pro. So IMO, this speaks volumes about two products not just one.

i think it's just the normal thing for the way the world works now...you want something and you expect to get it when promised and as quick as possible...of course i'm anxious for mine and wish it was here but the fact is it's new and it's all the craze in the drone world which is bigger than most people thing...it's no different than a lot of other things come out and there's a shortage and people are looking everywhere to get it before christmas and stuff...i believe they've fallen even shorter than that because they've barely shipped any but it's also a highly advanced and more on the revolutionary path...i want it sooner than later...but trust me...once you actually receive it the people who are crying about it will forget the wait and they'll be the first to come here and praise it most likely...i want mine within a month from now and dunno if that'll happen...but i'm definitely not cancelling

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

FWIW, B&H just removed their expected ship date of end of October, now reads not available.

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THE DJI MAVIC PRO DELAY REVEALED, SPECULATION CAN END NOW!!

I just spoke to a friend who is VERY high up at DJI in Shenzhen where it's now 5:34AM on Friday. Get ready for this one, it is BIG news.... He told me that the entire area is battling a zombie apocalypse outbreak and they are struggling to control the spread of the zombie infection and still keep enough workers available to work the production lines. THIS GUY IS VERY HIGH UP IN THE ORGANIZATION AND HE SWEARS IT IS THE TRUTH. He said they are making good progress and as long as the currently working folks are no zombified, they should be ok and get caught up soon. As an alternative, they are trying VERY hard to train the zombies to work the assembly line. I know we all wish them luck and hold them in our thoughts and prayers so that we may get out beloved Mavic Pros (Fly More Bundle please) as soon as possible.

HANG IN THERE DJI!!!

p.s. On another note, was that first episode of season seven, The Walking Dead a shocker, or WHAT???

Even if DJI wasn't expecting a response such as this, they certainly would've had many more units available for shipment than they apparently do. Even if the project was a total flop, one would think there would still be 1000s of Mavics ready to ship. There's no doubt there's some sort of issue with either hardware or software. I'm still guessing there's also a battery issue/shortage.

Last edited:
I would like to know how people are ordering from Best Buy when the Mavic doesn't even show up being for sale on their website. I looked with both my Apple and Windows computers (no snobbery of the websites).

I would like to know how people are ordering from Best Buy when the Mavic doesn't even show up being for sale on their website. I looked with both my Apple and Windows computers (no snobbery of the websites).

It showed up on Best Buy's Web site when I ordered it, but it kept flipping between available to order and not. I just put "notify me when available" and after about the third try, was able to order it. I have a Fly More Combo on order with DJI that I placed at about 1:45PM on the 27th, so that SHOULD ship sometime soon. I may go ahead and get the one from Best Buy at the end of November anyway... a friend of mine wants one and his wife said for me to put the package together for him "like he would want it".

I work for a very large car manufacturer. We have multiple assembly lines but each line puts out one car every minute on average. That's for two shifts.. that comes out to 960 cars a day with only one line running 16 hours. A car is way more difficult to build than a drone.... just saying

It showed up on Best Buy's Web site when I ordered it, but it kept flipping between available to order and not. I just put "notify me when available" and after about the third try, was able to order it. I have a Fly More Combo on order with DJI that I placed at about 1:45PM on the 27th, so that SHOULD ship sometime soon. I may go ahead and get the one from Best Buy at the end of November anyway... a friend of mine wants one and his wife said for me to put the package together for him "like he would want it".

Silly Best Buy (and silly me). If I look for it by looking under DJI drones with cameras, it doesn't show up. A search will bring it up, however. It is listed as preorder.

Gonna see if I can offer my services for zombie control. Aim for the head! :cool:

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THE DJI MAVIC PRO DELAY REVEALED, SPECULATION CAN END NOW!!

I just spoke to a friend who is VERY high up at DJI in Shenzhen where it's now 5:34AM on Friday. Get ready for this one, it is BIG news.... He told me that the entire area is battling a zombie apocalypse outbreak and they are struggling to control the spread of the zombie infection and still keep enough workers available to work the production lines. THIS GUY IS VERY HIGH UP IN THE ORGANIZATION AND HE SWEARS IT IS THE TRUTH. He said they are making good progress and as long as the currently working folks are no zombified, they should be ok and get caught up soon. As an alternative, they are trying VERY hard to train the zombies to work the assembly line. I know we all wish them luck and hold them in our thoughts and prayers so that we may get out beloved Mavic Pros (Fly More Bundle please) as soon as possible.

HANG IN THERE DJI!!!

p.s. On another note, was that first episode of season seven, The Walking Dead a shocker, or WHAT???

For me I'd say it's cause dji dropped the Mavic announcement right after the Karma to basically b!tch slap GoPro. And it did. Sales have been crazy for the Mavic, which have stolen a bunch of Karma sales. Now that Dji is showing it's colors and that they weren't even ready to release the product, also pissing off a bunch of Mavic customers.

All true, but I have a feeling that the pissed off will be happy once they get the Mavic. I'll explain why I'm saying so: people shopping for a Mavic at this point won't just get any drone. For someone looking for the first quad, any drone will be fine. But it's safe to assume that Mavic buyers know exactly and precisely why they want the Mavic. I do, and that makes all the difference.

Of course every one has his/her own reasons, so I'll say for myself: I want a compact, 4K capable and advanced drone exactly with the Mavic form and features. I don't want a Lily, nor a Karma, a 3DR or any other. And that's why everyone is so pissed, but once we get what we want it'll all be forgotten. We've been teased to extremes, but no candy yet. Bad, bad DJI LOL

That's the magic, and people are like this. Steve Jobs knew it: we didn't need smartphones and tablets until he made us want it. DJI is doing the same with personal drones.

In all honesty I'd be pissed if I'd bought a Karma, at any point but especially earlier on, without knowing the Mavic would be a few weeks or even months ahead. That's to say yeah, I'm glad DJI acted this way to let me know they've got the drone I want almost here, despite all this mess. I'd prefer we all had the Mavic available already but what the hell... better later than never I guess :D

We must know where the strength lies, and IMO at this moment it lies with the indisputable qualities of the Mavic and the exclusive capacity of DJI to provide it. We may choose to fight this, curse this, deny this... each one deals as pleased with the facts of life. But in the end, if I go out and cancel my order and buy any other drone I'll be harming myself, for I may not realize that now in anger but soon I'll be really pissed for buying something I didn't honestly wanted, and only be satisfied once I get a Mavic for which I'll have to pay another $1.000.

Now, I imagine the bright heads at GoPro looking at this whole scene... not the place I'd like to be in!

Waiting to hear from Carolina Dronz about their shipment next week. If its going to be delayed i am going to cancel my order. No sense in paying 1300 dollars for a fly more package now when i probably wont fly at all this winter. Maybe there will be a better option by the spring.

Waiting to hear from Carolina Dronz about their shipment next week. If its going to be delayed i am going to cancel my order. No sense in paying 1300 dollars for a fly more package now when i probably wont fly at all this winter. Maybe there will be a better option by the spring.
Let us know what you hear from them, they have not replied to my email since Sunday.

Apple store
DJI Mavic Pro Camera Drone
  • $999.95 Available:
    Dec 19 I guessed they even messed up the Christmas rush. There is so much more to this story

I work for a very large car manufacturer. We have multiple assembly lines but each line puts out one car every minute on average. That's for two shifts.. that comes out to 960 cars a day with only one line running 16 hours. A car is way more difficult to build than a drone.... just saying

Let's compare apples to apples. I bet that very large car company is also very old. Even if it's not, car manufacturing is old enough (and widespread enough) to have the whole assembly line well established and refined. The real question is, how well would it handle a great surge in demand for a rather new technology?

I'm beginning to think the same, cold and rainy here, not much flying for at least the next 6 months.

Reactions: Daniel Marlin
Is there a particular reason alot of you guys don't fly much in the winter? Is it just the cold? Am I missing something?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

My Amazon (E Zee Electronics) order still says arriving Wednesday of next week. Just waiting for the 'sorry Charlie' email that is surely coming...

Is there a particular reason alot of you guys don't fly much in the winter? Is it just the cold? Am I missing something?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

i heard the mavic shouldn't be in 32 degree or under temperatures...dunno if that's true or it'll really effect it but i've taken drones in snow...they didn't cost 1000 dollars though

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japester