DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

i heard the mavic shouldn't be in 32 degree or under temperatures...dunno if that's true or it'll really effect it but i've taken drones in snow...they didn't cost 1000 dollars though

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I know from experience with inspire the batteries need to be warned prior to cold weather work. Generally I keep them snug in the car.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

i heard the mavic shouldn't be in 32 degree or under temperatures...dunno if that's true or it'll really effect it but i've taken drones in snow...they didn't cost 1000 dollars though

Big hands inside gloves don't equate to a pleasant or safe experience while trying to use child size joy sticks.

All true, but I have a feeling that the pissed off will be happy once they get the Mavic. I'll explain why I'm saying so: people shopping for a Mavic at this point won't just get any drone. For someone looking for the first quad, any drone will be fine. But it's safe to assume that Mavic buyers know exactly and precisely why they want the Mavic. I do, and that makes all the difference.

Of course every one has his/her own reasons, so I'll say for myself: I want a compact, 4K capable and advanced drone exactly with the Mavic form and features. I don't want a Lily, nor a Karma, a 3DR or any other. And that's why everyone is so pissed, but once we get what we want it'll all be forgotten. We've been teased to extremes, but no candy yet. Bad, bad DJI LOL

That's the magic, and people are like this. Steve Jobs knew it: we didn't need smartphones and tablets until he made us want it. DJI is doing the same with personal drones.

In all honesty I'd be pissed if I'd bought a Karma, at any point but especially earlier on, without knowing the Mavic would be a few weeks or even months ahead. That's to say yeah, I'm glad DJI acted this way to let me know they've got the drone I want almost here, despite all this mess. I'd prefer we all had the Mavic available already but what the hell... better later than never I guess :D

We must know where the strength lies, and IMO at this moment it lies with the indisputable qualities of the Mavic and the exclusive capacity of DJI to provide it. We may choose to fight this, curse this, deny this... each one deals as pleased with the facts of life. But in the end, if I go out and cancel my order and buy any other drone I'll be harming myself, for I may not realize that now in anger but soon I'll be really pissed for buying something I didn't honestly wanted, and only be satisfied once I get a Mavic for which I'll have to pay another $1.000.

Now, I imagine the bright heads at GoPro looking at this whole scene... not the place I'd like to be in!

To add to this, I saw the Karma in BestBuy the other day. It looks HUGE and ugly, but looks aside, the "software/FW" beats any other vendor hands down. It is just a volume and voice game. There are tons of DJI products out there and for many years now, so they have had time to refine the issues. Sure, there are new issues, but again with such a strong, vocal, following the community finds new issues and reports them back to DJI. With the smaller companies I just do not see that as a realistic dynamic.

That is ignore all of the SDK and aftermarket stuff.

Just wondering cause I'm heading to Iceland in April and want to use it on some of the glaciers

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: whareable
To add to this, I saw the Karma in BestBuy the other day. It looks HUGE and ugly, but looks aside, the "software/FW" beats any other vendor hands down. It is just a volume and voice game. There are tons of DJI products out there and for many years now, so they have had time to refine the issues. Sure, there are new issues, but again with such a strong, vocal, following the community finds new issues and reports them back to DJI. With the smaller companies I just do not see that as a realistic dynamic.

That is ignore all of the SDK and aftermarket stuff.

Yeah, and until the development curve reaches a plateau, there will be endless issues of all sorts.

Big hands inside gloves don't equate to a pleasant or safe experience while trying to use child size joy sticks.

there's actually a very nice pair of gloves that are form fitting to hands and keep them very warm and is very easy to control a drone and they work with touch screens...if you're interested i'll look them up...i had a pair and they're long gone since last winter...trust me it doesn't even feel like u have gloves on and somehow they're very warm and im talking my hands were warm here in a WV winter in 15 degree temp

Notwithstanding the adverse effects that DJI's logistical challenges are having on the present availability of the current release of the Mavic, does it not appear likely that planned introductions of yet to be revealed products in DJI's lineup will come to see a significant delay or postponement as a result of this Mavic ***********? As it stands, DJI shows to be working overtime to catch up on their promises and it doesn't seem to be doing this very effectively. I can't imagine that the company, in this state, would proceed with the introduction of, for example, the other rumored iteration of the Mavic, let alone could DJI justify a much grander debut of something such as the long-awaited Inspire 2. Exhibiting a focus on anything else would just add insult to injury for its neglected Mavic customers. I'm sad to observe all the disappointment, it might also just be the beginning of even more delays. I really hope DJI gets its act together =)

Waiting to hear from Carolina Dronz about their shipment next week. If its going to be delayed i am going to cancel my order. No sense in paying 1300 dollars for a fly more package now when i probably wont fly at all this winter. Maybe there will be a better option by the spring.
I too would like some news about my "Fly more" order and $1k + deposit. Last I heard Frank had placed an order for 200 units, but had not heard back from DJI about status.

there's actually a very nice pair of gloves that are form fitting to hands and keep them very warm and is very easy to control a drone and they work with touch screens...if you're interested i'll look them up...i had a pair and they're long gone since last winter...trust me it doesn't even feel like u have gloves on and somehow they're very warm and im talking my hands were warm here in a WV winter in 15 degree temp

Absolutely. Thanks bud

THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THE DJI MAVIC PRO DELAY REVEALED, SPECULATION CAN END NOW!!

I just spoke to a friend who is VERY high up at DJI in Shenzhen where it's now 5:34AM on Friday. Get ready for this one, it is BIG news.... He told me that the entire area is battling a zombie apocalypse outbreak and they are struggling to control the spread of the zombie infection and still keep enough workers available to work the production lines. THIS GUY IS VERY HIGH UP IN THE ORGANIZATION AND HE SWEARS IT IS THE TRUTH. He said they are making good progress and as long as the currently working folks are no zombified, they should be ok and get caught up soon. As an alternative, they are trying VERY hard to train the zombies to work the assembly line. I know we all wish them luck and hold them in our thoughts and prayers so that we may get out beloved Mavic Pros (Fly More Bundle please) as soon as possible.

HANG IN THERE DJI!!!

p.s. On another note, was that first episode of season seven, The Walking Dead a shocker, or WHAT???
I was hoping it would be Abe and Glenn.They were the only two morons that wanted to make babies in Zombieland.Enough with the love story crap and lets get back to the blood and gore.[emoji88]

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: LakeTravis
So it seems the first batch of shipments (Oct. 20-21) only contained the base units (with remote) and no 'Fly More' bundles. The second batch of shipments (Oct. 25-26) only contained 'Fly More' bundles.

I ordered a base unit directly from DJI on 9/28 so I hope that my unit will be in the third batch of shipments. However, I'm now thinking the third batch maybe intended for third-party retailers (BB, apple, etc...) which is possibly why BB is showing 10/31?

I'm leaving for trip on Nov. 5 and would need mind delivered by Nov. 4. I haven't given up yet, but I am slowly losing hope...

Thanks,
dr

Not quite, I ordered in Sept 27 the "Fly more" bundle and still has not shipped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been in contact with Carolina Dronz about once a week and this was the last email below.

I would rather my first Maiden flight with a Mavic not be in the freezing cold or snow to be a paying beta tester, that's just asking for something bad to happen.. It is a shame how this whole thing has been handled on DJI's part and they do not seem to care one bit. An this is what happens when they already have your money and know they have the upper hand not the customer..

Subject: Re: New customer message on October 22, 2016 at 10:34 PM

Date: October 24, 2016 at 3:38:18 PM EDT

To: dmarlin247 <[email protected]>

DJI, still says shipping 1st week of Nov to us. I will find out more by end of week.

Customer Service

Carolina Dronz

On Oct 24, 2016, at 1:14 PM, dmarlin247 <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Just seeing if you guys were in contact today with DJI as previously stated.

Thanks

Dan Marlin

DOMINO PRODUCTIONS

Facebook.com/TheDominoProductions

Cold isn't an issue for me since I often fly from the comfort of my truck. An issue of concern is the temperature of the batteries. You get reduced flight times & they are sometimes prone to unusually quick drop off in power.

Is there a particular reason alot of you guys don't fly much in the winter? Is it just the cold? Am I missing something?

DJI's marketing strategy is pure efing genius. Think about it.
Step 1: Destroy new direct competitor by announcing a new product they know they can't deliver on time, that is superior in every way, will be cheaper and will be available sooner. = PROFIT
Step 2: Charge customers at time of order instead of at ship date. Sit on their money for a month and half or 2 and collect interest/reinvest. = PROFIT
Step 3: Ship a handful out slowly so it looks like they are satisfying they're customers and prevent them from canceling. =PROFIT
Step 4: No new is bad news. Huge demand for a game changing new product. "Trying their best to keep up with demand", news articles, DJI on the tongue of the consumers. = PROFIT
Step 5: Hold back orders to dealers, driving the masses to try and figure out who will ship it first. Guess who has the earliest projected shipping date for new orders right now. DJI official store says ships within month of November. I don't know of any place else that still says that. Guess who gets to keep the cut the dealers normally get. =PROFIT
Step 6: Finally ship to dealers so they're on shelves for everyone else to buy. Dealers will suffer and deal with it cause they still want a piece of the pie. =PROFIT
Step 7: Provide bottom of the barrel customer support. Spend as little as possible on help, warranty repairs and replacements and pay as few employees as possible to deal with such issues. = PROFIT

Dear Google,
Please release a consumer drone and stomp DJI into the efing dirt.
Thank you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_