DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-Order & Shipping Thread

Ramphex

Reactions
Hey guys, would be great if the mods would pin this.

The original preorder shipping date by DJI was set to 9/25, which is today. Instead of everyone posting multiples of the same threads let’s share our order statuses in here to keep a better track of what’s going on and what we should expect. Since we know DJI makes great equipment but is a bit on a flaky side when it comes to fulfillment and shipping.

My order is still “Pending”. Hopefully it actually does go out today.

DJI strikes again. Just got an email saying “all of the orders are delayed due to high demand” and to make this right they issued me some bull crap 50% off a battery code that expires in December.

Great let me get a battery for an item I won’t get until who knows when.

They did this nonsense with Phantom 4, original Mavic, and now Mavic Platinum.

How can such a large successful company that makes such quality product have SUCH a complete, steamy, stinky, pile of **** customer service?

I also received the same e-mail this morning "... the shipping date of your order will be delayed...".

No hint of a revised shipping date however.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

:confused:

Can confirm the delay as well. As per email:

Dear Customers,

Thank you for ordering the Mavic Pro Platinum.

Since its unveiling, we’ve had amazingly high global demand.

However, because of this, the shipping date of your order will be delayed. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. As a token of our appreciation for your patronage and a gesture of our desire to make amends, we would like to offer you a 50% off Mavic Intelligent Flight Battery discount coupon for future use at the DJI Online Store. The coupon code lasts until December 25, 2017, so please remember to use it before it expires.

No indication as to how long the delay might be. But by the looks of it most people probably won't receive their unit till late October or early November perhaps...Let's hope they don't try to rush them out either I don't want to become a potential beta tester for new bugs...

I’m going to cancel my order if it doesn’t ship by the end of the week. These shenanigans are a huge turn off and as much as I want it, I’m pretty disgusted by the customer service. The order has been paid for over 3 weeks now and they wait until the day of to tell me that it won’t ship today. Who does that?

Yeap same email here but what really worries me is that there is no information in regards to new shipping date, if it was a week or two they would say it but they don’t and instead offer a discount for another product which many already ordered and those who haven’t cant make use because the dam battery is also out of stock. I can feel the thousands of forum messages from frustrated customers that like me paid in advance once again to be taken for a ride once again for a product with little updates. Maybe this is what DJI does when they need cash instead of going to the bank?

Reactions: amateur_avi8or
I've just advised DJI by e-mail that unless they can give me a guaranteed shipping date by return e-mail they can expect an order cancellation.

I pointed out the amateur lack of communication received from their company as insulting to their customers.

I spent a little over US$2000 on Mavic platinum combo, Goggles, DJI care refresh, Prop guards and landing mat.

One would think that they'd have learned from their previous delays that it's unacceptable, but no, still the same poor communication and delays.

Same email here, and I've already got my P4 sold and promised delivery for later this week. Guess I should have waited :(

I sold my drone too. I am taking a trip to Switzerland in early November, I have my fingers crossed hoping I can get one before then.

Are they (or a retailer) still taking pre-orders and what is the link? The on-line store just says out of stock.

I played this game with the Mavic Pro and ended up giving up, that's why I never ended up getting one.

Thinking about cancelling the Pro Platinum and picking up a refurbished Pro instead. Since this was really just a minor change, they'll likely have a bigger change in a year or so right?

latest

The estimated shipment date of your order will be around mid to late of October 2017.

:-S

Reactions: rotor
I’ll give them a chance until Friday. I don’t really NEED a Mavic Platinum.

They actually managed to piss me off prior to today. I placed the order 3 weeks ago for a Mavic Platinum, DJI Goggles, and a landing pad. They have not yet shipped any of my items that are in stock (goggles and landing pad) and when I contacted them about this, they said they were waiting for the Mavic Platinum release to ship all of my items. That’s 3 weeks I could’ve been flying my Phantom with DJI Goggles.

Logic, or the lack thereof, is pretty ridiculous too. Why not ship the stuff I bought that’s in stock just because I ordered something else that’s not in stock?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000