DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-Order & Shipping Thread

Hey guys, would be great if the mods would pin this.

The original preorder shipping date by DJI was set to 9/25, which is today. Instead of everyone posting multiples of the same threads let’s share our order statuses in here to keep a better track of what’s going on and what we should expect. Since we know DJI makes great equipment but is a bit on a flaky side when it comes to fulfillment and shipping.

My order is still “Pending”. Hopefully it actually does go out today.
Sad news. I got an email with the same statement this morning. WITH NO INDICATION OF A NEW DATE. I actually postponed a few things to be around this week to accept delivery.
Help me understand - DJI you had to know days before it was going to be late - then why did you wait to email until the day it was due. This is poor and unacceptable customer service.
Keep in mind that when I first tried the very minute it was released they prevented you from ordering so I had to leave my email to be notified when they had stock. I was probably one of the first to order once I received their email. So this was not without some planning on their side. And yet on the day it was due they tell me it’s now late because of a large demand.

Hey guys, would be great if the mods would pin this.

The original preorder shipping date by DJI was set to 9/25, which is today. Instead of everyone posting multiples of the same threads let’s share our order statuses in here to keep a better track of what’s going on and what we should expect. Since we know DJI makes great equipment but is a bit on a flaky side when it comes to fulfillment and shipping.

My order is still “Pending”. Hopefully it actually does go out today.

Looks like the revised shipping date for most people in North America is now Mid-Late October, meaning some of us won't even receive the drone until early November, DJI has done this before they take on too many pre-orders and then do not have enough stock for their preferred shipping date and keep postponing the date. My only concern is dealing with beta problems on these drones due to them rushing production because then I will have to do the back and forth with them for technical issues and if that's the case I will return mine as well.

Reactions: conorearly
Looks like the revised shipping date for most people in North America is now Mid-Late October, meaning some of us won't even receive the drone until early November, DJI has done this before they take on too many pre-orders and then do not have enough stock for their preferred shipping date and keep postponing the date. My only concern is dealing with beta problems on these drones due to them rushing production because then I will have to do the back and forth with them for technical issues and if that's the case I will return mine as well.
That’s why if it’s not shipped by Friday. I’m cancelling the entire order. And since they haven’t shipped the Goggles or the Landing Pad due to their own stupidity, they’ll miss out on those sales as well.

I mean I’m sure they’re a multimillion company who doesn’t care about my one sale but as much as I love their products, I can’t condone this kind of incompetence.

That’s why if it’s not shipped by Friday. I’m cancelling the entire order. And since they haven’t shipped the Goggles or the Landing Pad due to their own stupidity, they’ll miss out on those sales as well.

I mean I’m sure they’re a multimillion company who doesn’t care about my one sale but as much as I love their products, I can’t condone this kind of incompetence.

Exactly, considering they don't care about people cancelling orders now that they have exceeded their own "limited stock supply" and are basically doing what they want now. I wouldn't expect them to ship it out by Friday it honestly seems like we wont hear from them or any orders being delivered for that matter before October 15th. DJI is one company that doesn't care about customer support that's why if I have even one issue that is hardware related due to them rushing orders I will return it completely. Hopefully this is not the case and they have taken the time to conduct quality control and not rush orders. Can only wait and see now....

Just an update I was told my shipping order will be going out on October 24th....looks like we are going to be waiting another 4 weeks!!

Last edited:
Got my follow up email (after submitting a support ticket) stating mid-late October.

I'm shipping my P4 out this week and left with a Spark. Hoping that is enough to do a few shoots and capture the fall colors until the MPP comes.

Are there any reliable sources stating that anything other than ESCs and color have actually changed on the bird itself? I know the props, but those can be put on the MP.

Asides from the new ESC, colour change and the quiet propellers I believe some sources indicated that the camera was fixed due to having issues when recording at 1080p with the Mavic Pro but I think they probably just provided a software update and didn't really change anything else internally with the camera. I really wished they had changed the colour of the remote controller but apparently it's the exact same as the Mavic Pro. Fingers crossed we receive our units before November now!!

'Marlon' in DJI support contacted me to advise of a mid to late October shipment date also.

I advised him by return email I wish to cancel my order.

I can wait until the item is in store and I may buy it then.

Interestingly my order consisted of 4 physical items (1 being the Goggles) along with the DJI care package, but unlike a previous commentator DJI shipped the Goggles to me within days of the order been placed.

I’ll give them a chance until Friday. I don’t really NEED a Mavic Platinum.

They actually managed to piss me off prior to today. I placed the order 3 weeks ago for a Mavic Platinum, DJI Goggles, and a landing pad. They have not yet shipped any of my items that are in stock (goggles and landing pad) and when I contacted them about this, they said they were waiting for the Mavic Platinum release to ship all of my items. That’s 3 weeks I could’ve been flying my Phantom with DJI Goggles.

Logic, or the lack thereof, is pretty ridiculous too. Why not ship the stuff I bought that’s in stock just because I ordered something else that’s not in stock?

DJI's customer service and policies are definitely horrible, I've experienced it already myself. But the site does warn you when placing an order with different shipping times that you should place them separately if you want to receive them as soon as possible, it basically uses fine print to tell you which is obviously annoying but it's there.

Also, my pre-order platinum was delayed. You'd think they'd have taken the chance to do things right this time around considering they already have the production process down, it won't get any easier than this to get them out on time. Also sending the emails the day of is absolutely ridiculous, it doesn't help anyone at all to wait until the last minute and just shows that they aren't even trying to improve.

Reactions: Josema
I did select the receive items separately and still nothing. Entire order is pending. Going to cancel it on Friday. Fortunately I love my P4 and it hasn’t given me any issues. Going to continue flying it with an iPad since clearly shipping me the Goggles I paid for 3 weeks ago was too much of a hard task for DJI to handle.

I did select the receive items separately and still nothing. Entire order is pending. Going to cancel it on Friday. Fortunately I love my P4 and it hasn’t given me any issues. Going to continue flying it with an iPad since clearly shipping me the Goggles I paid for 3 weeks ago was too much of a hard task for DJI to handle.

There's no selection to receive them separately, it says that you have to place the items as separate orders.

This experience is so disappointing, it’s making me consider switching over to the GoPro platform. At least it’s a US company and not some bull crap China inconsiderate, incompetent company.

Reactions: Josema
'Marlon' in DJI support contacted me to advise of a mid to late October shipment date also.

I advised him by return email I wish to cancel my order.

I can wait until the item is in store and I may buy it then.

Interestingly my order consisted of 4 physical items (1 being the Goggles) along with the DJI care package, but unlike a previous commentator DJI shipped the Goggles to me within days of the order been placed.
Good Morning from Ireland,
Just to add my piece you probably better NOT to cancel at this time as it is likley you will be waiting longer probably into the new year to find them in stock on-line at dji.
Cheers,

Hi Pressman,

I'm happy to wait tbh.

A further update is as follows...

Having informed DJI by e-mail that I intended cancelling my order unless I received a definite and acceptable shipping date, they initially came back with the standard 'Mid-to-late October' time frame.

I then explained the following to them and received a surprising answer....

....that although I live in Ireland, I will be in the USA next week on a business trip and having known the date of this business trip for several months, I used the opportunity to have the DJI Order shipped to the hotel I will be staying at while in the USA. ( High import taxes if delivered to Ireland etc). So basically I placed the order as soon as the Mavic Platinum was notified as been available for pre-order, but rather than have it shipped to my home address in Ireland, I instead put the shipping address as the hotel I plan on staying at while in the USA next week.

Part of the order was the DJI Goggles which as explained in a previous post were delivered to my nominated address (Hotel in the USA), last week.

So I explained to DJI that since I will only be at that hotel for a few days next week , that is the only time at which I can receive the Order, as I will be returning home to Ireland soon after and will not be in the US again for the forseeable future.

The surprising reply I received is as follows: ".....But just to let you know also that by the time you will return to the USA next week on Oct 5th, your order will be delivered also on that particular moment. Will you still considering cancelling the remaining order that you have. While the time you will be back your order will be ship by then".

So they are now saying that I will either receive the shipment on my arrival at my hotel in the US (Oct 5th), or as per the last sentence above..." ..your order will be ship by then"....

Clear as mud :)

However I find it interesting that the shipment date has been brought forward from 'Mid-to-end October...' to October 5th.

Anyhow, I've replied to them asking for clarification on whether October 5th is the date the Order will ARRIVE at my hotel... ("
But just to let you know also that by the time you will return to the USA next week on Oct 5th, your order will be delivered also on that particular moment")..

OR

The Order will SHIP by then (Oct 5th)... ("While the time you will be back your order will be ship by then").

Once I receive clarification, I'll update here.

Hopefully it works out for you buddy. I personally don’t trust the support guys that can’t even type in complete sentences.

What they really do is collect all of our thousands of dollars, APR free, to fund their projects. I don’t trust these idiots to not send another email at the end of October “HAR HAR HAR HIGH DEMAND STILL, MAYBE WE’LL SHIP IT MID-LATE NOVEMBER”

Last edited:
Asides from the new ESC, colour change and the quiet propellers I believe some sources indicated that the camera was fixed due to having issues when recording at 1080p with the Mavic Pro but I think they probably just provided a software update and didn't really change anything else internally with the camera. I really wished they had changed the colour of the remote controller but apparently it's the exact same as the Mavic Pro. Fingers crossed we receive our units before November now!!

The rumor is that it is a new camera sensor, as that was the issue with 1080p60 on the Mavic.

Hi Pressman,

I'm happy to wait tbh.

A further update is as follows...

Having informed DJI by e-mail that I intended cancelling my order unless I received a definite and acceptable shipping date, they initially came back with the standard 'Mid-to-late October' time frame.

I then explained the following to them and received a surprising answer....

....that although I live in Ireland, I will be in the USA next week on a business trip and having known the date of this business trip for several months, I used the opportunity to have the DJI Order shipped to the hotel I will be staying at while in the USA. ( High import taxes if delivered to Ireland etc). So basically I placed the order as soon as the Mavic Platinum was notified as been available for pre-order, but rather than have it shipped to my home address in Ireland, I instead put the shipping address as the hotel I plan on staying at while in the USA next week.

Part of the order was the DJI Goggles which as explained in a previous post were delivered to my nominated address (Hotel in the USA), last week.

So I explained to DJI that since I will only be at that hotel for a few days next week , that is the only time at which I can receive the Order, as I will be returning home to Ireland soon after and will not be in the US again for the forseeable future.

The surprising reply I received is as follows: ".....But just to let you know also that by the time you will return to the USA next week on Oct 5th, your order will be delivered also on that particular moment. Will you still considering cancelling the remaining order that you have. While the time you will be back your order will be ship by then".

So they are now saying that I will either receive the shipment on my arrival at my hotel in the US (Oct 5th), or as per the last sentence above..." ..your order will be ship by then"....

Clear as mud :)

However I find it interesting that the shipment date has been brought forward from 'Mid-to-end October...' to October 5th.

Anyhow, I've replied to them asking for clarification on whether October 5th is the date the Order will ARRIVE at my hotel... ("
But just to let you know also that by the time you will return to the USA next week on Oct 5th, your order will be delivered also on that particular moment")..

OR

The Order will SHIP by then (Oct 5th)... ("While the time you will be back your order will be ship by then").

Once I receive clarification, I'll update here.

Ha,ha if I had known that Irishflyer I would have got you get mine as well....!!!!!

I pre-ordered the MPP as soon as pre-order were open back in September 4th. I received the SAME email yesterday about delay to Mid-Late October. I have a travel to Florida ob Oct 24th which I on purpose planed to go out there with that drone. Going to send an email to DJI support now and see if they can ship it before that trip. :(

I pre-ordered the MPP as soon as pre-order were open back in September 4th. I received the SAME email yesterday about delay to Mid-Late October. I have a travel to Florida ob Oct 24th which I on purpose planed to go out there with that drone. Going to send an email to DJI support now and see if they can ship it before that trip. :(
I would hold your breath

Yeah. And the fact that they're so vague with the ship dates or what's going on, is even more discouraging. When Apple is backed up on pre-orders, they cut them off, then once they start catching up with the stock, they start selling more. They don't just take everyone's money and then on the release date laugh at them as they're using 100s of thousands of other people's dollars with 0% interest to work on whatever projects they feel like working on. For all we know they haven't even started mass manufacturing Mavic Pro Platinums and they'll play this game again next month.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife