DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Precision landing (lack of).

I suggest setting up a simple test if a method I use for precise landings. I take off and will climb to 30 - 35' and hover there for a few seconds, certainly no more then 5 or 6 seconds. This insures the drone establishes its exact location and my RTH landings are usually within inches of take off point. I use the circular landing pad with black/orange to get a good color contrast. If I take off and immediately depart after hearing setting the home point landing accuracy is skewed!
I don't know if this improves or not, but taking off vertically for 20/30 meters and when you lock on a good number of satellites you will update the take-off point maybe it will be more precise? or maybe am I wrong? ... after the warning on the display and acoustic signal of the take-off point, the gps coordinates remain the same.

I don't know if this improves or not, but taking off vertically for 20/30 meters and when you lock on a good number of satellites you will update the take-off point maybe it will be more precise? or maybe am I wrong? ... after the warning on the display and acoustic signal of the take-off point, the gps coordinates remain the same.
I flew from my favorite hill this morning and not from my patch of grass. On testing the RTH the Mini 2 landed on the pad once and several times missed by one or two meters. I guess in the end I will just have to live with it as the Mini 2 will never get precision landing. Perhaps like like many fellow pilots predict the Mini 3 will have it.

I flew from my favorite hill this morning and not from my patch of grass. On testing the RTH the Mini 2 landed on the pad once and several times missed by one or two meters. I guess in the end I will just have to live with it as the Mini 2 will never get precision landing. Perhaps like like many fellow pilots predict the Mini 3 will have it.
if they wanted to, I think it would take very little to add this function on the mini2 .... out of curiosity, I sent an email to the Dji support and I hope for a sincere response.

Reactions: OldGuy
if they wanted to, I think it would take very little to add this function on the mini2 .... out of curiosity, I sent an email to the Dji support and I hope for a sincere response.
DJI answers my question:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We would like to inform you that the DJI Mini 2 does not support precision landing. We currently do not have any updates if this will become available in the future but we will forward this feedback to our developers.

DJI answers my question:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We would like to inform you that the DJI Mini 2 does not support precision landing. We currently do not have any updates if this will become available in the future but we will forward this feedback to our developers.
Thanks for contacting DJI. It seems like it is only a firmware issue and not a hardware problem!?

That's the exact same answer they give to any feature question, it says nothing at all.

let's say they give very general answers on customer requests and questions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOM112