DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Privacy? Are you kidding me?

Hmm, I recently used Google maps and see a van I hired just a few months previously parked outside my home. But in any case, I'm sure they wasn't spying on me...

Haha, probably not. Google is showing images from mid-2017 for my location. I know when the house was finished and the images do not show landscaping nor tiles on roof yet. So I guess it varies per region.

Surreptitious mobile phone camera use and Facebooks facial recognition system are more of a privacy issue than drone pictures. Anyone who can be recognised in a picture from a Mavic would certainly know that it was there. With mobile phones, no one knows how many pictures have been taken and uploaded to Facebook with identifying tags which will be added to its databases. There’ll be people in that database that don’t even have a Facebook account and most people who do have accounts don’t realise the links that can be made or will be inferred from the data they supply,

The last time I was approached I immediately shoved the RC into her questioning guestrd hand and walked away.

The panic attack of suddenly being responsible for a flying "thing" and a pilot for the first time seemed to halt any further snarky questions.

Yes I pretended to take the RC back and tapped to fly instead but at that moment there were plenty of eyes on the bird. So line of sight by second party, check mark.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bolt77