DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problem with 360 Panorama / Asteroid

Archhanny

Reactions
So, I took my drone out today to try out some of the features and had great fun with the various modes but was most looking forward to the 360 panorama and the asteroid modes, however after doing these the video of the asteroid mode is kind of... unstitched?... as in... the drone records, flies away, gets to the altitude that it would take the 360, then does its thing. But when I watch the footage back the video is literally of what it did, i.e. move the camera take a pic, move the camera, take a pic, and so on, rather than a cool 360 sphere planet. Any ideas what I might have done wrong?

Reactions: KTTopden
No, Sorry, I've already looked at that. Its that the video has been recorded and instead of it morphing the actual camera pictures into a sphere it literally just videoed itself going through the act of collecting the raw data i.e. taking the pictures to stitch.

Edit: Link to shared file of what it took on Onedrive
dji1521399453572.mp4

It should view properly in the DJI Go 4 editor. Click the download to device button to save it.

I've ben trying to make proper 360 pano's for ages. I have now managed to work it out. Check out my thread '360 spherical panos (solved)' from today. I can't see to do a link from my tablet.
To make the panoramas from the photos I used Microsoft ICE.

Update Log

What's New?
Aircraft:
*Increased the descent speed to 3 m/s when flying forward.
*‎Added support for operating at 5.8 GHz in Thailand.
*‎Fixed an issue where the gimbal would drift when the aircraft's heading changes.
*‎Fixed an issue where the aircraft would shake when using Active Track.
*‎Added message if failure to take panoramas or an Asteroid QuickShot occurs (requires DJ GO 4 v4.2.8 and higher.
*‎Fixed an issue where the remote controller was unable to link with the aircraft when operating in some regions.
*‎Fixed an issue where the aircraft would fail to take a panorama in Sport mode or when APAS is enabled.
*‎Fixed an issue where Intelligent Flight Battery firmware would not be updated when functioning abnormally.
*‎Fixed an issue of video lag when the aircraft's heading changes.
*‎Fixed an issue of ghosting in photos.
*‎Fixed an issue where the aircraft would fail to decelerate automatically when landing.

Notes:
*Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the upgrade is complete.
*‎Please note that the firmware update may reset various Main Controller setting such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
*‎This firmware update resets the camera settings.
*‎If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI Go 4 or DJl Assistant 2, and retry.
672a475a4877b990ac9e364cacfbb710.jpg
aaee4dbf6868ecf695d4acf65d82706a.jpg
f6fa97cb8f87fd098ab738e62843650f.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc