DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems after Care Refresh

fedfire37

Reactions
I just received a replacement drone from DJI for my crashed Mavic Pro. It came wrapped in bubble wrap so I assume it's a refurb. First off, when I turn the drone on, the gimbal makes a few clicking noises while going through the startup process. My old one didn't do that. The new one also has what looks like a belt protruding from the back of the gimbal in a loop. I never noticed this on my old one. Lastly, the new drone isn't showing up on my DJI app on my Ipad or Smartphone. I don't recall the activation procedures for my old one but nothing is alerting me to do anything on either of my devices. I've tried searching on here but I'm getting nowhere.

Attachments

• gimbal belt.jpg
    gimbal belt.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 94
The new one also has what looks like a belt protruding from the back of the gimbal in a loop.
That's as designed.

the new drone isn't showing up on my DJI app on my Ipad or Smartphone
How are you attempting to connect your iPad/smartphone? What happens when you do so? What do you see in DJI GO?

If it is refurbished it should have a R after the serial number. From my understanding. As far as your gimbal is concerned that looks like the ribbon.

That's as designed.

How are you attempting to connect your iPad/smartphone? What happens when you do so? What do you see in DJI GO?
When I get to what would normally be a view of what my camera is looking at, it's black screen. Upper left corner says aircraft disconnected. This is with the aircraft powered up, ipad plugged into the remote, remote is also powered up. Nothing going on.

What do you see on the remote controller screen?

Try linking your Mavic and remote controller like this:

Are you serious? Did they at least send it in a DJI box?

Can you make a youtube video and post the link up here?
If it is refurbished it should have a R after the serial number. From my understanding. As far as your gimbal is concerned that looks like the ribbon.
There is not an R after the serial. I just assumed it was refurbed because it came to me in a regular cardboard box. The drone was wrapped in bubble wrap and then in brown paper. Camera plastic guards were in place with the rubber cover over the dome. My SD card was scotch taped to the drone and the props were all in a ziploc bag.

The buzzing is radio interference with my phone. You should be able to hear the clicking though as the gimbal finishes up it's movements.

This click is definitely not from the sensors. It appears the gimbal is catching on something on the backside. Does that always happen?

This click is definitely not from the sensors. It appears the gimbal is catching on something on the backside. Does that always happen?

That noise is from the pitch arm banging the roll motor on the back of the frame. Not unusual during initial calibration. Some do it some don't.

OP, You can try auto calibrating the gimbal and then restart and See if it continues to do it

That noise is from the pitch arm banging the roll motor on the back of the frame. Not unusual during initial calibration. Some do it some don't.

OP, You can try auto calibrating the gimbal and then restart and See if it continues to do it
My gimbal makes a knocking noise during initialization, sometimes. It didn't do it new, and it didn't do it after I replaced the ribbon cable. It started after a long period of sitting without the gimbal clamp installed. After another spell of sitting with the clamp installed, it didn't make the knocking sound. I think it's tied to how much the rubber supports have been stretched.

My gimbal makes a knocking noise during initialization, sometimes. It didn't do it new, and it didn't do it after I replaced the ribbon cable. It started after a long period of sitting without the gimbal clamp installed. After another spell of sitting with the clamp installed, it didn't make the knocking sound. I think it's tied to how much the rubber supports have been stretched.

It's possible, but the OP said his does it and the bands were from a refurbed Mavic, maybe not stretched. Some people claim it starts after a FW update, sometimes it happens in a failing motor assembly, sometimes it just happens, period. As long as there is no "gimbal motor overload" message, and I get a level gimbal horizon, I dont worry about it.

Did you try calibrating the gimbal? If that does not help, then try installing the latest firmware.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomcat1920