DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems downloading videos from SD card - Mavic Air

ArJay

Reactions
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Mavic Air after flying a Standard for a year. Man, what an upgrade! I purchased a San disk extreme pro V 30 For it. I can find the photos but there’s no videos to import. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Reactions: Roy Rogers
Hello all,

I recently purchased a Mavic Air after flying a Standard for a year. Man, what an upgrade! I purchased a San disk extreme pro V 30 For it. I can find the photos but there’s no videos to import. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Are you connecting the drone to the computer or putting your card in a card reader?

Ok but you have the iPad connected to the remote not the aircraft right?

You will need to to connect
either the actual drone to a computer or the SD card by way of an SD card reader to a computer. They actually have Micro SD card readers that you can plug into your iPad via lightning cable but I personally haven’t used one.

Video (especially if shooting 4K make massive files. Far to large to be transferred wirelessly from the drone to the remote. Unless you turned the feature off the mavic actually stores low resolution “cache” files on to you phone automatically. They are in the DJI Go 4 app under the “media” tab of the DJI page (the page enter the drone that says “go fly.” ) these are low quality but at least you can see what videos you have and can view them. On the iPad they might not be all that terrible actually but to get the high quality files you have to connect the actual drone via a wire to the computer or take the SD out and download them

It’s kind of a pain to get the card out of the tail end of the air, but if you get one of these from the apple store, you can plug this into any iPad.
There are card readers out there that you don’t want. Be careful.CF4B8423-AD1D-4249-9E3D-87BE789EE1A6.jpeg

Reactions: brett8883
I plug my cable into the back of my Air and into the laptop , a window pops up and asks to download f or G the card I believe is G I download it and then delete it from the card. Photos and Videos are all there.

First of all, thanks to all who have replied! I greatly appreciate the input!
I connect my drone to my iPad mini 4 via the cable DJI provides. Are used to download videos and photos from my standard to the same iPad with no issues.
And Starz, I think you may have the answer. I’m going to try to pick one up this weekend and see if I have any luck.
Bigbird48, I do the same thing with my iPad, but, when the import page comes up, it says there’s no pictures or videos to import. I can find my pictures if I scout around on DJI GO4
App, but no videos.
Using a SanDisk extreme pro V 30 A1 card. When I am preparing to fly, I get a warning saying I have a slow card. I thought this card was recommended by DJI. Is that my problem?
Thanks again to all!!

not sure if the card is the problem. I had to reinstall go4 last week and now it tells me my cards unsupported, were it worked just fine before I reinstalled go4. Seem like its always something. Sometimes I can't get go4 to open up to let me fly. I have to shut everything off and start over. yesterday I turned it on and the screen was going crazy, would connect then disconnect then connect and then off again.

Reactions: Roy Rogers
First of all, thanks to all who have replied! I greatly appreciate the input!
I connect my drone to my iPad mini 4 via the cable DJI provides. Are used to download videos and photos from my standard to the same iPad with no issues.
And Starz, I think you may have the answer. I’m going to try to pick one up this weekend and see if I have any luck.
Bigbird48, I do the same thing with my iPad, but, when the import page comes up, it says there’s no pictures or videos to import. I can find my pictures if I scout around on DJI GO4
App, but no videos.
Using a SanDisk extreme pro V 30 A1 card. When I am preparing to fly, I get a warning saying I have a slow card. I thought this card was recommended by DJI. Is that my problem?
Thanks again to all!!
Have you formatted the card in DJI Go 4 in awhile?

Yes, I format it every flight or at least every other flight. I tried again tonight and found the import from “onboard SD card” on the DJI app. When I tried to do that I get a message that says my camera is disconnected. Not sure what’s up.

Have you made sure you're set to record to the card and not the aircraft's internal storage? In what video format are you shooting?

I've been flying with the same sd card and never formatted except when I first put it in. Why would you keep formatting a card?

I've been flying with the same sd card and never formatted except when I first put it in. Why would you keep formatting a card?

There are hidden files that can accumulate and especially if you pull the card out and connect it to a computer and copy the contents it do weird stuff. Best to just reformat it to start refresh especially if you have a problem but that doesn’t sound like the op is having that issue.

There are hidden files that can accumulate and especially if you pull the card out and connect it to a computer and copy the contents it do weird stuff. Best to just reformat it to start refresh especially if you have a problem but that doesn’t sound like the op is having that issue.
As I stated I never pull the card just connect to my computer. Evry once in a while it will ask me to scan the card and fix any problems.

As I stated I never pull the card just connect to my computer. Evry once in a while it will ask me to scan the card and fix any problems.

Well that counts too you are just using the mavic as a card reader. Can things accumulate on the card, yes. Do I know if it’s happing to you, yes. Will you notice or will it make any difference, I have no idea.

Well that counts too you are just using the mavic as a card reader. Can things accumulate on the card, yes. Do I know if it’s happing to you, yes. Will you notice or will it make any difference, I have no idea.
I think when it asks me to scan the card and fix any problems thats whats happening. Hopefully by doing the scan and fixing the problems as they arrive will keep things running smoothly. So Far so good as this card been in over a year and has had 1000's of gigs recorded downloaded and deleted:)knock on wood

I think when it asks me to scan the card and fix any problems thats whats happening. Hopefully by doing the scan and fixing the problems as they arrive will keep things running smoothly. So Far so good as this card been in over a year and has had 1000's of gigs recorded downloaded and deleted:)knock on wood

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

I think my card is too slow. I was trying to shoot in 4K with no luck. When I changed it to 2.7 K I was successful in downloading from the bird. I still believe in Cartagena was recommended by DJI but I don’t think it’s fast enough to do the 4K video. I could be wrong but that’s what seems to be happening. Thanks again all!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan