DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems Linking To RE Goggles

TR Ganey

Reactions
First let me mention that I started a thread in the Goggles forum called RE Goggles will not connect with M2P .
I do honestly believe the issue is with the goggles and not the M2P but on the other hand if I knew for sure what the issue is I wouldn't be here asking for help.

All equipment is new (1 week old) and I have updated all of it via DJI assistant. Actually I tried both a mac and a windows based lap top and as they say "no joy". I'm sure it is something I have done wrong or not done at all but as of yet I haven't figured out what it is. I have watched several videos, read the manual etc. When I power up the goggles I do not get an opportunity to go into "tools" or "settings" ect. It goes through a sequence of screens and then attempts to connect and times out. The "linking" led on the AC turns red like it should but the process times out without linking up. I posted screen shots of the sequence it goes through on the other thread so I won't duplicate that here. Work is calling so I better get moving so I can afford to fix the issue whatever it is.

Thanks in advance for your time and consideration!

So I have the Mavic 2 Zoom with the RC goggles and was using an iMac with Sierra. Had the same issue but already had Assistant 2 that I had loaded for the Mavic. Removed it rebooted and then installed the Assistant 2 recommended in the RC instructions along with the HoRNDS. Rebooted, powered up the RC goggles, plugged them in and opened the Assistant 2. It connected like a charm then.

Reactions: TR Ganey
So I have the Mavic 2 Zoom with the RC goggles and was using an iMac with Sierra. Had the same issue but already had Assistant 2 that I had loaded for the Mavic. Removed it rebooted and then installed the Assistant 2 recommended in the RC instructions along with the HoRNDS. Rebooted, powered up the RC goggles, plugged them in and opened the Assistant 2. It connected like a charm then.

I thought it may be my laptop creating this issue so I took another laptop and went to dji.com and downloaded Assistant 2 then connected the goggles to that laptop and it said that my goggles were up to date. I went ahead and "refreshed" (reloaded) the software to the goggles and they still do not connect to the M2P.

When I turn on the goggles I do not have the option to choose any menus at all. They go through the sequence of screens that I posted in the other thread and then time out without connecting. I will post that sequence here as well.

ScreenCapture_1.jpgScreenCapture_2.jpgScreenCapture_3.jpgScreenCapture_4.jpgScreenCapture_5.jpgScreenCapture_6.jpgScreenCapture_7.jpgScreenCapture_8.jpgScreenCapture_10.jpg

Attachments

• ScreenCapture_11.jpg
    ScreenCapture_11.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 12
After you push the linking button on the Mavic, are you pushing the linking button on the googles with a toothpick thru the little linking hole? And every thing is turned on? It is marked Fn just below the 2 buttons on the bottom of the googles. If you haven't, push in that little hole when your Mavic is blinking and it should link if you have the latest version of the dji assistant and have plugged in the googles to the computer and down loaded the latest google firmware into your googles.

Last edited:
The "with mobile device" activation only works with the Mavic 1.
Need to use assistant if you don't have one. Once activated you'll be able to access menus, switch to Mavic 2 mode, and link.

Last edited:
Reactions: TR Ganey
I connected to the assistant 2 app and downloaded an older version of FW then activated the goggles as if it were the first time. As soon as I did that everything started working normal. Then I went back and uploaded the most current version and everything continues to work normal. I will try a test flight in the near future to see if all goes well. Thanks for everyone's assistance!

I have got the goggles working ok. Altitude over 200 metres with no grey out of video or RC disconnection problems. It does need the pagoda antenna attached, however. DJI rep says the signal can't get out of the goggles case without it. The only problem is the physical disconnection with the frame. Did anyone solve this?

I can't understand what you mean. The pagoda antenna just screws into the top of the goggles and then it is connected. Seems to work on mine anyway.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum