DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems updating Safe Fly Database.

Cheech Wizard

Reactions
I have had problems activating my Mavic and updating the Fly Safe Data Base. I'm using a Samsung 7 Edge and get my firmware updates fine, but when I first tried to activate the drone and to get Fly Safe updates, I use my Slate 8 tablet which sucks for a monitor on my remote.

Anyone else have these issues?

I have had problems activating my Mavic and updating the Fly Safe Data Base. I'm using a Samsung 7 Edge and get my firmware updates fine, but when I first tried to activate the drone and to get Fly Safe updates, I use my Slate 8 tablet which sucks for a monitor on my remote.

Anyone else have these issues?
Updated twice within the last week and now I’m getting severe red outlines and picture fragments can’t seem to find anyone else with the same problems

Updated twice within the last week and now I’m getting severe red outlines and picture fragments can’t seem to find anyone else with the same problems
My Slate tablet does something similar when I connect it to the remote and fly, I think it just can;t handle the video transmission. That's why I use my phone to fly.

If you start the DJI Go 4 app while connected to the drone with the remote, click on the "General Settings" tab. On the bottom click "About" and scroll down to see if you have all the latest updates. The remote and the drone have to have at least 50% battery power to run the updates.

But, as I said, my GS7 edge will do firmware but not the Fly Safe database, need to get out the tablet for that. Strange.

I'm using my iPad mini 4, and it wouldn't let me update the Fly Safe database ..??

According to a DJI rep, when updating the Safe to Fly database, it should be done with one's device like you are doing, "because the device needs to know where it is," but a strong WiFi signal is required.

According to a DJI rep, when updating the Safe to Fly database, it should be done with one's device like you are doing, "because the device needs to know where it is," but a strong WiFi signal is required.

Sure, I'm sitting next to my wi-fi modem, still it wouldn't let me update it.

:mad:

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Sure, I'm sitting next to my wi-fi modem, still it wouldn't let me update it.

:mad:
Right? Before I leave my house to fly, I check the firmware and update in my living room close to my modem. If anything would work, I figured it would be my phone which is more powerful than my Slate 8. They are both running the latest version of Android.

I also bring my tablet with me to show the police and busy bodies I have a right to fly there by opening the B4UFLY app from the FAA. And proof of registration with the FAA. You can fly safely without updating the Fly Safely update, but if you do get into a situation where the FAA wants to see the flight records and other info, I want to be up to date. And the constant nagging is a pain.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent