DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

problems with gimbal

losga77

Reactions
Hi!
few days aggo i noticed that when my mavic2 is going backward, even if the braking is not strong, the gimbal drops down few degrees (from zero to -5 or -9). If i put it at zero, the next time i'm going bakward it will happen the same........
Also when i tilt the gimbal few degrees above horizon, as i start to go forward, the gimbal drops down

i tried to calibrate gimbal and IMU and refresh firmware, but did not solve.

here you can see thw videos that show the problem (one going forward and the other going backward)

can you help me, please?

Lorenzo

Hi!
few days aggo i noticed that when my mavic2 is going backward, even if the braking is not strong, the gimbal drops down few degrees (from zero to -5 or -9). If i put it at zero, the next time i'm going bakward it will happen the same........
Also when i tilt the gimbal few degrees above horizon, as i start to go forward, the gimbal drops down

i tried to calibrate gimbal and IMU and refresh firmware, but did not solve.

here you can see thw videos that show the problem (one going forward and the other going backward)

can you help me, please?

Lorenzo

How fast are you flying there? Is it windy? It looks like the gimbal reaches its maximum limit and then resets itself when it can’t go any further. Usually a sign you are flying too fast or it’s really windy or both

Reactions: Former Member
Hi ! it was not too windy and i was at low speed. the gimbal was not at it's maximum height..........and also when it is at zero degrees, when i go backward it drops down (as you can see in the second video)

Are you in Sport mode? This is normal in sport mode.

Do you have an ND filter on it? Heavier ND filters can overload the gimbal.

I assume this is a newly developed issue. Have you crashed at all?
If not, try to do an IMU calibration again. Not sure what else it may be.

i've found a lot of mavic 2 pro users having this issue, but no one has the solution. I did imu, gimbal, compass calibration and refresh firmware, but it did not solve. Never crashed the drone

OP, it's possible that you have some debris or sediment in your motor assembly. Since you have already calibrated the gimbal and IMU, closely examine your gimbal for debris in the motor assembly. With the power off, turn the gimbal in all axes and see if there is any resistance in any of them.

I have the exact same problem. Were you ever able to solve the gimbal problem? I am currently in limbo with their customer care and engineers trying to prove to them that this type of behavior is not normal and should be covered by warranty.

I have done IMU, compass, and gimbal calibrations. Have latest software installed on craft and controller. Flying in P mode in low winds, all settings at default, and this gimbal dropping happens on every flight

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japester