DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Professional Drone Training

Reactions
Has anybody ever heard of DARTdrones or had any experience with professional drone training courses. Is a commercial drone license easily attainable?

I took my test this past Tuesday. Took under an hour, missed three (trick) questions and scored a 95%. Test was submitted to IACRA this afternoon and I should have my temporary certificate in the next week or so. (although that could be delayed from what I'm reading, especially with the recent government shutdown and what I can only imagine is a substantial backlog)

I used the Study Guide and iOS app/practice exam by ASA/Prepware (the guide is available on Amazon, it's great - highly recommend!), the FAA's Study Guide and the practice exams from 3dr and King Schools. All good stuff, most free or every inexpensive.

Only had two questions on weather, both were decoding TAFs. Most were on airspace classes which came pretty easy for me being a life long flight sim dork.

In my opinion, if you spend some time studying the material and consistently score in the 90's on the practice exams and more importantly know why your answers are right, not just memorizing the answers, you'll do fine on the exam. There's also a plethora of free YouTube videos at your disposal. Tony Northrup's in particular is excellent.

There are a variety of companies that would love to take your money to teach you the same information but in my opinion it's not really necessary. Everyone studies differently of course, so maybe that route is more suited to your style of learning.

Good luck!

Last edited:
I took my test this past Tuesday. Took under an hour, missed three (trick) questions and scored a 95%. Test was submitted to IACRA this afternoon and I should have my temporary certificate in the next week or so. (although that could be delayed from what I'm reading, especially with the recent government shutdown and what I can only imagine is a substantial backlog)

I used the Study Guide and iOS app/practice exam by ASA/Prepware (the guide is available on Amazon, it's great - highly recommend!), the FAA's Study Guide and the practice exams from 3dr and King Schools. All good stuff, most free or every inexpensive.

Only had two questions on weather, both were decoding TAFs. Most were on airspace classes which came pretty easy for me being a life long flight sim dork.

In my opinion, if you spend some time studying the material and consistently score in the 90's on the practice exams and more importantly know why your answers are right, not just memorizing the answers, you'll do fine on the exam. There's also a plethora of free YouTube videos at your disposal. Tony Northrup's in particular is excellent.

There are a variety of companies that would love to take your money to teach you the same information but in my opinion it's not really necessary. Everyone studies differently of course, so maybe that route is more suited to your style of learning.

Good luck!
I second everything above. Do NOT spend hundreds of dollars on some "expert's'" course unless you have difficulty with tests of the sort which are associated with learning disabilities. You will know if you do, for you will recognize the familiar initials, IEP.

Reactions: GregD
Has anybody ever heard of DARTdrones or had any experience with professional drone training courses. Is a commercial drone license easily attainable?

I took DartDrones Pilot course and the Part 107 course. It was 2 days and well worth the money I think. I easily passed the Part 107 exam after the class. I kind of think it was important for me to really understand both the Pilot portion and the Part 107 portion because I have no aviation background. So in a nut shell I would highly recommend the courses. Everybody says “these drones can basically fly themselves” that’s true until something goes wrong and that’s where they really teach you what to do.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones