DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Prop question

Mako

Reactions
Got my mavic pro Plat combo
it comes with pre installed white color prop on rear and I installed the gold prop at front
Is it all 4 prop have to be gold or the rear ones always in white, the fly more combo also comes with the white prop, is that the same with old mavic pro, Kinda confused

The gold tipped and platinum tipped props are both 8331 props. It doesn't matter if you mix the colors. Just don't mix them with 8330 props.

I am confused by your "white" props. White (stripe across tip) props are the older original type that came with the Mavic Pro. The Platinum tipped props are the new, quieter style that come with the Mavic Pro Platinum. Both types mount the same. Unless I am reading the OP wrong, his MPP came with a mix of the old and new props. The only white color on the MPP props should be the small white circle indicating which arm it should be mounted on.

Is the platinum color the "white" you are talking about?

Platinum (8331):
medium_de782ec1-44b5-4ff0-88b5-21b2baac5da9.jpg

White (8330):
medium_bce3d081-f1ff-421c-bf20-137f0ea934af.jpg

I am confused by your "white" props. White (stripe across tip) props are the older original type that came with the Mavic Pro. The Platinum tipped props are the new, quieter style that come with the Mavic Pro Platinum. Both types mount the same. Unless I am reading the OP wrong, his MPP came with a mix of the old and new props. The only white color on the MPP props should be the small white circle indicating which arm it should be mounted on.

Is the platinum color the "white" you are talking about?

Platinum (8331):
medium_de782ec1-44b5-4ff0-88b5-21b2baac5da9.jpg

White (8330):
medium_bce3d081-f1ff-421c-bf20-137f0ea934af.jpg

I'm going to assume he meant the platinum color tipped ends that come pre-installed on the MPP because there are 2 silver and 2 gold.

I'm going to assume he meant the platinum color tipped ends that come pre-installed on the MPP because there are 2 silver and 2 gold.
That was my assumption also. I was just trying to answer the question about the white prop with the "old Mavic Pro".

Drones Direct UK dispatching my new props shortly. I cannot wait.

I figured both are the same, The new White and Gold tip has marking 8331 on it

I work for a drone store that sells DJI products. We received a shipment of the new "Low Noise Props" 8331. With all of the discussions around how quiet are the new props compared to the 8330 I just had to buy a set and try them. I took the MP out yesterday to a place I fly all the time that has lots of lakes and water foul including ducks, geese, cranes, etc. The first thing I noticed is the Low Noise Props are definitely quieter. I did my normal flight near the cranes in the water. Usually they notice the sound and depart when I am above them at approximately 50 ft. This time they stayed and paid no attention to the noise at 30 ft.. My observation is they are definitely quieter. I think it is the frequency that has changed. The old props sounded like a hive of angry bees as some of you have noted. The new props seem to have a lower frequency that is less noticeable.

I picked up a set of 4 gold tipped low noise props for $19. They do work but they seem very flexible compared to the original props which seem much more rigid. Anyone have original low noise props from DJI? Are they just as rigid as the original 8330 DJI props? I'm thinking these might be knockoffs.

Much thanks to all!

As much as I’d like a quieter version. I’m more wanting to keep my Mavic Pro as stock as possible as not to screw with the warranty. If you add these props from DJI does it change the warranty?

I picked up a set of 4 gold tipped low noise props for $19. They do work but they seem very flexible compared to the original props which seem much more rigid. Anyone have original low noise props from DJI? Are they just as rigid as the original 8330 DJI props? I'm thinking these might be knockoffs.
I got my new props from Advexure, a DJI authorized dealer and they are more flexible than the originals.

If you add these props from DJI does it change the warranty?
I do not believe the warranty is affected because DJI's web site lists them as compatible with the Mavic. Buy Mavic Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers

Will the low noise Platinum props work on the standard Mavic Pro?
Yes. And they work well. The only incompatibility I have heard with the Mavic Pro is with the DJI propeller cage. They do work with the DJI propeller guard. Buy Mavic Low-Noise Quick-Release Propellers

The little ring around where the shaft comes through are the ones marked white and black and they have to go on the shafts marked accordingly white to white and black to black,,,,

I have white circles on 2 of my MPP FMC props and gold circles on the other. I notice that the props only fit on certain arms.
When I have the props on I have 2 gold tipped props on one side and 2 silver tipped on the other.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan