DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller care

Trinidadster

Reactions
I am getting ready to try out my new OEM low noise props.
They seem much more flexible.

Do any of you all recommend removing them after each flight? Looks like my hard shell case will put pressure on them.

It appears the biggest thing would be to keep them away from rocks. I have begun hand catching my bird when the wind challenges my landing skills. I have a landing target, but really don’t want to go for the leg extensions.

I leave them on and no noticeable problems. I do use prop guards before putting my MPP in the storage case. Do they help, not sure.

Do any of you all recommend removing them after each flight? Looks like my hard shell case will put pressure on them.
I often keep my Mavics outside of the cases when not traveling with them since I use them often. The props always come off before I put them in the case for that very reason. While the pressure might not actually cause an issue in many cases, I don't want to take any chances with my drones. It also makes it easier to fully inspect the props for damage pre-flight (since I have to attach them).

Reactions: Trinidadster
I leave them on and no noticeable problems. I do use prop guards before putting my MPP in the storage case. Do they help, not sure.

Prop guards?
This make me think of the cages, although I am pretty sure that’s not what you mean.

I have a nice hard shell case with MP specific cutout foam and I love it. The drone sits right side up , so I always remove the rear props so the drone does not sit on them. I never leave the battery in the drone, so I leave the front props on and turned in slightly toward the empty battery compartment. The removed props are kept in the little cloth bags they came in and in a slot cutout in the foam. Seems to work well.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msporting