DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller comes off mavic pro

I have the same issue. They said I didn't secured the propeller; even if not secured, because the propellers are designed to pe installed against the motor rotation, inertia will lock them in when you start the motors. Is basic physics. Try if you can with a MP, to leave a propeller unlocked, but still on the hub, start the motors for 2 seconds, stop them and check the propeller's position. It's always locked.
Or, if I'm wrong with something, can someone explain me how it actually works? DJI is just asking me money for repair but they are not telling me how a propeller can come off with this design. From their graphs (just they have initial acces) it can be an engine failure, electronic board.
I'm surprised nobody test this feature, or said something about it. The propeller locks by itself even if you didn't clicked it, when you start the drone. Test it.

Hey, I am sorry for your loss.

I don't have the drone back from DJI yet to test your theory but I don't understand why DJI app can't do some kind of auto safety check in software to see if the props are installed correctly or not. Also, there is no fail safe mechanism. If one prop falls off, shouldn't there be some way that the drone flys back to home position on the other remaining three props. I hope they implement such feature in the future.

btw, just prior to my warranty expiring, I had sent my drone for repair to DJI and sent them the flight data as well . I had totally expected that they would charge me an hefty amount for repair claiming pilot error. BUT to my pleasant surprise, they assessed the damaged and are covering the entire drone repair for free.

I will get the drone back in a few days but now, i am scared to fly. because as far as I remember, when my drone crashed , I was pretty sure that I had secured the props properly in place.

Hey, I am sorry for your loss.

I don't have the drone back from DJI yet to test your theory but I don't understand why DJI app can't do some kind of auto safety check in software to see if the props are installed correctly or not. Also, there is no fail safe mechanism. If one prop falls off, shouldn't there be some way that the drone flys back to home position on the other remaining three props. I hope they implement such feature in the future.

btw, just prior to my warranty expiring, I had sent my drone for repair to DJI and sent them the flight data as well . I had totally expected that they would charge me an hefty amount for repair claiming pilot error. BUT to my pleasant surprise, they assessed the damaged and are covering the entire drone repair for free.

I will get the drone back in a few days but now, i am scared to fly. because as far as I remember, when my drone crashed , I was pretty sure that I had secured the props properly in place.
It's really unusual for such a big company. They can't prove the user did something wrong, and also the user can't prove that he installed the props up to the end. They could avoid this situation; they will never take responsibility to avoid an expensive recall.
But the biggest question I have is why we can't see the data, especially after a crash? I had to send all the flight records so they can find the one with the crash and decode it; on my device I could see just the previous flights.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54