DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propeller guards completely eliminate fears of rogue drones hurting bystanders. Why aren't they routinely used???

Are there prop cages that fit the mavic 2 pro? I had ordered a set that came from dji and they fit the front properly, haviing a cut out for but the rear had no cut outs and would not sit securely. I will likely have to catch my mavic during rough seas when a landing will not be preferred.

No Alex, and probably they won't be.

They weren't a big hit (= not a big seller, more important) for DJI apparently, even though these would reduce risk of impact injury with humans dramatically, damage from object hits etc, AND I saw a YT video once of a review where the operator continually put the MP down on a very fine leaf bush, repeatedly with no hang ups, he could just take right off again !!

The BIG limiter was probably flight time, reduced to ABOUT 12 mins, which probably means if you get 10 mins you'd be doing well.

The MP cages are still available, but you also need special props too, probably an extra set for when they are eventually out of stock.
I imagine the cages could save many props where they would certainly get damaged.

I have prop Guards for my MP, but have only used them once testing, they worked great against a wall and vertical posts etc, but no way would they totally stop risk of prop injury to a person.

Reactions: Former Member
The BIG limiter was probably flight time, reduced to ABOUT 12 mins, which probably means if you get 10 mins you'd be doing well.
Another big limiter is that DJI recommends not flying faster than 2.68 MPH with the prop cages installed. That pretty much makes them unusable for anything but flying in Tripod mode.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Another big limiter is that DJI recommends not flying faster than 2.68 MPH with the prop cages installed. That pretty much makes them unusable for anything but flying in Tripod mode.

Whoa, missed that when looking at them perhaps 2 years ago.
Yeah, kills it badly.

Down low in dense forest / higher indoors flying and filming would be about the only things you could use them for.

IMHO, 10 minutes is plenty of flight time for a beginner. If you want to fly longer, get 2 batteries and keep one on charge while flying the other pack. Sometimes even only 3 minutes is enough for a beginner. I still remember my first drone flight. 6 minutes was too much.

IMHO, 10 minutes is plenty of flight time for a beginner. If you want to fly longer, get 2 batteries and keep one on charge while flying the other pack. Sometimes even only 3 minutes is enough for a beginner. I still remember my first drone flight. 6 minutes was too much.

True for some.
Funny, I still vividly remembr my first MP flight, had only briefly taken controls of my sons P4 before this, and loved it.

Think I flew 20mins, but kept close.
I still have pic I took in flight . . .

DJI_0009_low_res.jpg

Attachments

• DJI_0001.JPG
    DJI_0001.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 15
  • DJI_0009.JPG
    DJI_0009.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 14
Reactions: Former Member
Was your son with you?

Oh yes :)
He told me briefly what the stick do and I had a great few minutes at the controls :D

Ha, AFTER he landed it, he said, "Oh, and don't ever move both sticks down and in or out same time" and explained why !!
I replied "Gee mate, maybe you should tell people that BEFORE you give them the controller" :oops: ha ha

The 20 mins flight and my pic was me solo at a park with the MP.
Was nervous just a little, but the thing was just so impressive with stability, was blown away by how much fun it was.

If you stay away from people, then you can't hit them and you don't need prop guards.

Also, if you have prop guards, then you can't chop up hornet nests:

That was the coolest thing I’ve seen this week! And pretty high standard competing against the tornado video!

I can’t believethe Mavic didn’t crash that whole time. Those hornets didn’t stand a chance!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dochavez1986