DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

propellers going to full throttle when updating firmware on MA2

chinois

Reactions
I setup my newly purchased MA2 to accept the latest firmware update by installing all the props and extending the legs as in the tutorial and the RC was also successfully linked. The mini ipad I am using prompted me to update the firmware and the process started with several drone restarts as mentioned. What happened next " WAS NEVER MENTIONED"in the DJI tutorial when updating firmware. At about 70%, of the updating process all the drone props started up full speed. I had left the room briefly to retrieve some info when I heard angry bees in the next room.
I tried desperately on the controller to shutdown the motor but with no success. I grabbed the drone as it was now getting airborne again as it was rising off the floor. I tried to flip it on it's side and topside as I had done this before to my mavic mini to stop it. The possess beast eventually spooled down and motor shutoff when I did this.
Damage to drone 0, human 3 , lacerations to 3 fingers and one leg, You have been Warned.

• Wow
Reactions: ven
Wow - that's very unusual to have a firmware update start the motors! ... As a rule - I never have the prop's on my Mavic unless I'm flying it!

I setup my newly purchased MA2 to accept the latest firmware update by installing all the props and extending the legs as in the tutorial and the RC was also successfully linked. The mini ipad I am using prompted me to update the firmware and the process started with several drone restarts as mentioned. What happened next " WAS NEVER MENTIONED"in the DJI tutorial when updating firmware. At about 70%, of the updating process all the drone props started up full speed. I had left the room briefly to retrieve some info when I heard angry bees in the next room.
I tried desperately on the controller to shutdown the motor but with no success. I grabbed the drone as it was now getting airborne again as it was rising off the floor. I tried to flip it on it's side and topside as I had done this before to my mavic mini to stop it. The possess beast eventually spooled down and motor shutoff when I did this.
Damage to drone 0, human 3 , lacerations to 3 fingers and one leg, You have been Warned.

Get the DAT file.

always remove props to update ,but even so that scenario should not have happened ,and if it had been a MM then i dont think anyone has removed their props for updates me included
lets hope @sar104 can get to the bottom of it and that it was a one off

Reactions: ven and Capt KO
You definitely need to get to the bottom of that - as it is absolutely dangerous.

props never on unless flying.

the update instructions say to install props?? are you sure?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661