DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Propellers

Is this true? Which ones? Do you have a direct link ? Many thanks

Sorry for the confusion... it's just an ongoing post that I make whenever someone asks how great CF props are. Facts are, they don't make any difference in flight, usually cost more money, fail more easily on impact and give DJI a good reason to deny their warranty.

The pros are listed below:
1) Some people think that they look cool.

Sorry for the confusion... it's just an ongoing post that I make whenever someone asks how great CF props are. Facts are, they don't make any difference in flight, usually cost more money, fail more easily on impact and give DJI a good reason to deny their warranty.

The pros are listed below:
1) Some people think that they look cool.

No worries, I had this feeling of sarcasm but still gave it a try.

Maybe stupid question but can you use Mavic Pro props on Mavic Air? Curious if somebody has tried it.

Anybody with info on the Master Airscrew Mavic props? DJI Mavic – Master Airscrew
Just wanted to make sure before purchase :) any feedback is appreciated.

Other props are not better and you never know what you are going to get. You _will_ find out if they are not as good when your Mavic falls out of the sky. General consensus... stick with OEM props from DJI.

I have used Mas props on the Karma Gopro and Solo and they were awesome - much stronger and less noisy.
Why expensive? 4 props fro $19 + $5 transport - I cannot get this from DJI.

Will give them a try and share the results.

I have used Mas props on the Karma Gopro and Solo and they were awesome - much stronger and less noisy.
Why expensive? 4 props fro $19 + $5 transport - I cannot get this from DJI.

Will give them a try and share the results.

Shipping to canada is expensive. Its an ok price if your shipping to the states. But these are the only other aftermarket props company I know of.

Ordered White and Orange :) Exciting :)
BTW it seems they have a 15% off for the Labor Day

I bought the 8331 props about 3 weeks ago & tried them. I would say they reduce the noise by about 1 decibel - Not worth the $12 I paid. They are about 1/4" longer than stock & they feel really 'flimsy' too! Does anyone know if they are more or less efficient?

Ok! I am editing my first post. I used a phone app which reads sounds in decibels to compare the props and decided the noise was reduced by about 5 decibels & the frequency of the sound seemed better also.
I replaced the low-noise DJI prop's on my Mavic Pro Platinum with Hensych 8331 carbon-fibre prop's and found them to be quieter. They are actually exactly the same shape as the DJI prop's - only they look different without the gold or silver trim. I think that they are quieter due to the fact that they're stiffer, and therefore need less rpm in the hover. I tested the stock DJI low-noise prop's at a 3 metre hover, and the rpm was fluctuating between 501 and 515 - but the same test with the c-f 8331's show 460 to 475 rpm. The MPP sounded less 'buzzy' in the hover - probably due to the lower rpm - and I think that's why they seem quieter. I've not experienced any handling issues in windy conditions and use these prop's pretty much exclusively. Maybe I'm wrong, but would there be a trade-off in that consistently lower rpm [approx 10%] during flights goes toward balancing out any airframe stress issues?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King