DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pros and Cons of using Litchi!

An example of Litchi missions I shot this weekend. Not to fancy but shows how it will fly the exact same mission each time - except for the wind factor that will affect the speed slightly. You can program multiple points of interest and different altitudes very easily either through the online mission hub, or, as has been mentioned, through Google Earth.

Hey Wrinkle -- Very nice work, BTW! Thanks for doing this. Been wanting to do the same but have misplaced my Round-To-It. What'd you use to produce the final 4-in-one video? ................R

Hey Wrinkle -- Very nice work, BTW! Thanks for doing this. Been wanting to do the same but have misplaced my Round-To-It. What'd you use to produce the final 4-in-one video? ................R

That really was a very weak attempt at a ND comparison but I’m glad you liked the 2x2. To answer your question - Davinci Resolve. It is free and can pretty much do everything that Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere can do. If you are familiar with those it will look similar, if not start off with the basics (of which 4 shots is probably one) then move on. I’m still playing with it on and off. Admittedly my system isn’t nearly as robust as it needs to be to operate smoothly but it always renders well. Throw your shots in the media part, drag them to the timeline as different videos (i.e. not on the same line), click on each invididually then click the transform tool in the bottom left of the viewer window, and adjust size and position. Pretty intuitive...

Any one have extensive experience using Litchi and CrystalSky\Android. I have had a few minor and one major issue with Litchi recently using CS and Litchi wrote back saying

"If you have the choice between iOS and Crystalsky, we recommend iOS as it's better for Litchi overall, in terms of performance and reliability. We will continue to try and improve the crystalsky version in future updates"

I feel though they should not release their software on a platform in which they don't feel 100% confident. That being said, is iOS really that much more stable and error free? I would gladly use the iPhone X to complete waypoint missions. But after yesterday, Litchi has frightened me to the point of not wanting to use it any longer with the CS. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e