DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Qu for both MM and Mini2 flyers. Has any tried these front LEDs?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

The idea strikes me as sound and, on paper, a very neat solution but what the LEDs will be like is entirely another question.

Reactions: careless
Seems to be equal bright & size as those LED's built into the arms for other models ... my guess, they can't be seen further out than 50-100m maximum during night.

That wouldn't surprise me but the front of the MM is otherwise 'lightless', any addition is a probably benefit, though I don't want to add leg LEDs.

Open question to Mini2 flyers, at what range does the front signal strip of the Mini2 disappear or become visible?
These things just made me wonder.

Sorry but I am not sure what I am meant to be looking for. I seem to be taken to your sales page.
Though I would say, crickey you get some rain.
In the video with the SC is the stick display a std feature of the SC?
Edited and fixed, its just the video for the product from baba.
What is the stick display. ?

"What is the stick display. ?"
Lower left of the screen, two targets with dots that seem to mimic stick commannds

"What is the stick display. ?"
Lower left of the screen, two targets with dots that seem to mimic stick commannds
Screenshot 02-23-2021 19.17.49.jpg

Ok, So this is something that can be added after your flight where Air Data adds all your Vitals that took place while flying. Ends up looking like this video below and the name of the Program is called Dashware.

The idea strikes me as sound and, on paper, a very neat solution but what the LEDs will be like is entirely another question.

I'd say they wouldn't be bright enough to make any difference.

A little mod I have tried is to attach two bicycle front lights to the front legs of my bird. To explain they are the narrow type intended to be attached vertically to bike's the front forks. The are approximately 100 mm x 12 mm. They are secured by the elastic band normally used to pass around the back of the fork leg. They are quite bright and as they only weigh about 12 grams each they don't effect the performance and are very secure so therefore safe. The batteries are rechargeable and the best bit!!! They were only about £4 each.
Not earth shattering but good fun.

That wouldn't surprise me but the front of the MM is otherwise 'lightless', any addition is a probably benefit, though I don't want to add leg LEDs.

Open question to Mini2 flyers, at what range does the front signal strip of the Mini2 disappear or become visible?
Hi Phillius....I always enjoy reading your comments... My need is for a set of LED lights for the REAR of the
Mini-2 and the Mavic Air-2. My vision is not what it used to be to keep visual eyes on the Mini-2 when the back ground is dark or with forest growth. Have you had a chance lately to find a Shop or Store that supplies these fairly brite LED's for Daytime use?. I have not check the DJI Store. I have seen a few You-Tube videos but they don't really explain what the battery source is!!! I thought if anyone has come across these LED's with Various colors it may help my situation when flying even around Salt water. Ron (maine)

How does it charge?
If the same as the ones I saw, mUSB. (9th photo in the ad I linked to)

Rgrimard, from what I have read some of the Firehouse Arc line are the generally considered very good.
They are difficult to get in the UK and last time I looked at £40+ very expensive as an experiment.
I have a "Flytron strobon standalone" in white STROBON Cree® Standalone
They are fairly good but I have nothing to compare them with and to be honest I haven't had it attached to a mini for a while but during that time my flights have all been well within VLOS and I can not remember what they added to my VLOS.
I think that in the USA you have easier and probably some what cheaper access to the Firehouse range and my inclination would be to try one of those. Search results for query: arc strobes

Decided to test this for you just now.

I flew in town over a football field so plenty of street lights and house lights in the area. Clear night with LOTS of stars.

Front LED set to breathing initially, then solid, both with white light. Front LED was quite visible but started to fade at ~300m. Rear light was flashing green and was still clearly visible out to 300m. I’m confident the rear green light would be visible out to 400m+ but I didn’t want to fly over homes, especially since it was my first night flight with the Mini 2. The light of most concern is the front LED.

These are distances that I, personally, am unable to maintain visual on the Mini 2 during daytime flight.

If the same as the ones I saw, mUSB. (9th photo in the ad I linked to)

Rgrimard, from what I have read some of the Firehouse Arc line are the generally considered very good.
They are difficult to get in the UK and last time I looked at £40+ very expensive as an experiment.
I have a "Flytron strobon standalone" in white STROBON Cree® Standalone
They are fairly good but I have nothing to compare them with and to be honest I haven't had it attached to a mini for a while but during that time my flights have all been well within VLOS and I can not remember what they added to my VLOS.
I think that in the USA you have easier and probably some what cheaper access to the Firehouse range and my inclination would be to try one of those. Search results for query: arc strobes
I’ve read a ton of good reviews about the arc strobes, particularly the firehouse V. However, the price is a little steep IMO. I have a ulanzi white/red/green for my mavic 2. It was half the price of the Firehouse V and it’s incredibly bright. I’ve flown it ~500m with zero visibility issues. I’m yet to test its range as I don’t feel like trekking through a bunch snow should anything happen. When the snow melts I will do a range test on a friend’s farm where I can fly over miles of hay field.

Decided to test this for you just now.
Great, thanks. This is with the mini 2, correct? If so that's not bad for something that I thought was primarily a status indicator.

I've ordered a set, just to see if they are better than I expect but the delivery may take s o m e t i m e, estimate =25th May lol

If anyone else it thinking about it be careful, a lot of the ebay "similar item" entries are or were for mavic Air 2's

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569