DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about a crash... a little help please...

srnolten

Reactions

Good morning all, can you take a look at the last minute of the video please ?
Anyone got a logic explanation why the drone crashes ?

At 1.06 there is a flash , it looks like a glitch in the drone itself
I am trying to figure this out. Maybe I can upload the flight data later, but i have to look into that first...

I saw a mesage on the DJI FLY APP: Target may have changed. Check before starting ActiveTrack...

Last edited:
Hard to tell from the low quality video but could the drone have touched a low hanging branch of a tree which perhaps could have damaged or slowed the front left prop?

Hard to tell from the low quality video but could the drone have touched a low hanging branch of a tree which perhaps could have damaged or slowed the front left prop?
Thank you for you answer, (I think) there was nothing in there, it was flying in the middle of the road. I am gonna check the 4k version at home.

I hope I did this right, and that is the correct file :rolleyes:

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2020-06-27_[20-21-23].txt.zip
    568.3 KB · Views: 9
That was weird, the drone went directly to the tree on the left and hit almost head-on. Don't know if you disabled the front collision avoidance sensors.

Smolten can you upload an uncompressed version of that, i.e. not zipped? The zipped version doesn't seem to work for me even when extracted

Looks like the result of an imature technology. There has been a report about the drone tracking a guys van and ended up in smashing into the van. Misrecognizing targets is excusable but the collision avoidance system failing to work when the obstacle is so clearly visible is not acceptable.

Perhaps you are too thin and look like the tree trunk! It looks like the video got dark a little and lost track of you and picked up the tree instead. Not sure about the accident ovoidance sensors though! Maybe next time wear a bright orange vest?

• Haha
Reactions: Juggler
Perhaps you are too thin and look like the tree trunk! It looks like the video got dark a little and lost track of you and picked up the tree instead. Not sure about the accident ovoidance sensors though! Maybe next time wear a bright orange vest?
Thanks but that's not me :) My friend ...

Reactions: InvisibleName
at 12:51.9s joystick activated
I am not a log reader by far, others here are the experts at that
but did you inadvertently mess the control while scooting along?
It seems to have happened the veer off at exactly that point

trip_096.jpg

Attachments

• trip_096.jpg
    trip_096.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: kamidoko1974
at 12:51.9s joystick activated
I am not a log reader by far, others here are the experts at that
but did you inadvertently mess the control while scooting along?
It seems to have happened the veer off at exactly that point

View attachment 106509
So you mean I touched the controllers ? Maybe I did that by accident, but I don't think so to be honest...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54