DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question About Dronie mode - Does it accepts manual commands?

peros550

Reactions
Does anybody know if during the Dronie movement, Mavic allows the operator to control altitude through the control left stick?

Last edited:
There is a new mode called Dronie which came with latest firmware and app update. You can find it at the intelligent flight modes under the new menu called Quickshots. Basically , Dronie is just one of the three Quickshots modes.

My question is related to what happens when you activate the Dronie mode. Is it possible during this autonomous movement to manually control the Mavic's altitude or is it completely autonomous and only thing you can do is just pause/cancel the move. Hope I am more clear.

Reactions: Leng
There is a new mode called Dronie which came with latest firmware and app update. You can find it at the intelligent flight modes under the new menu called Quickshots. Basically , Dronie is just one of the three Quickshots modes.

My question is related to what happens when you activate the Dronie mode. Is it possible during this autonomous movement to manually control the Mavic's altitude or is it completely autonomous and only thing you can do is just pause/cancel the move. Hope I am more clear.

I didn't try to pilot the Mavic during quickshot modes, but I have tried to stop them and they all respond correctly to the STOP button. If I find the time I'll see if I can modify the altitude,
I perfectly see why you ask this: if you have a tree behind the drone when starting a Dronie, you'll risk to get your mavic into it just as I feared in my first dronie, I had my finger ready for the STOP icon but the trees were far enough and the mavic started to climb in time to fly over them

I found spare some minutes and tried just the dronie mode: you can't make it fly higher over its planned course, it ignores the left stick up. And if you try left stick down, it gets out of Dronie just as when you click the red Stop icon. It's a totally preplanned course, and it makes sense: it's so smmoth only because it's doing a pre-planned route both with for the flight and for the gimbal, BTW this is with 4.1.10 on adroid which got retired just after I downloaded it on friday, maybe one of the thing they want to change before rolling it out is just this: allowing us to raise the mavic, maybe they fear too many mavic hoing bacwards into trees during dronies :)
When I'll find the time I'll try also helix but I doubt it will be fidderent, and for Rocket it wouldn't even make sense, but I'll try both

@Vilco, thanks for taking your time to check. You guessed 100% right. I crashed my Mavic on a tree, because I couldn't increase its altitude when I realised that Mavic would only move backwards in the beginning and later increase altitude. I though it would move on a 45 degrees angle backwards and increasing altitude on the same time. I was on ios with 4.1.10 (now there is 4.1.11). :(

It was not a big crash. Luckily the ground was soft, just one small crack on a plastic point that holds rear arm in place when unfolded.

I'm planning to send it back though because I predict that overtime the crack will get worse.

Last edited:
I imagine the pause button will do this too, will have to try that next flight.
Yes, the pause button seemed to work, but in my case my first reaction was to try increase the altitude myself. When I pressed the pause, Mavic was already very close to the upper leaves of the tree, it messed with them and boom!

If the Mavic had accepted my command to raise, I would have avoided that crash. Anyway, sh**** happen.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Yes, the pause button seemed to work, but in my case my first reaction was to try increase the altitude myself. When I pressed the pause, Mavic was already very close to the upper leaves of the tree, it messed with them and boom!

If the Mavic had accepted my command to raise, I would have avoided that crash. Anyway, sh**** happen.

I agree that the left lever up command should be considered just as the left lever down command is: exit dtonie mode and just hover there. You would have saved your Mavic if it had been workin' like this, DJI is probably taking care of this exact issue as we speak, I hope

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom