DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Mavic 3 rain suit

solidhouse

Reactions
Hello all,

I have a question for either phantom rain or any others who have the Mavic 3 rain suit.

Does this suit in any way help keep rain out of the gimbal / camera?

I’ve had some issues in the past with getting caught in a light rain. The camera would end up with moisture behind the camera lens. This would require the drone to be placed in a ziplock back for several hours with silica gels.

Thanks,

SH

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
If your Mavic 3 Camera is getting moisture in it from the Rain, you should send it back as a good camera is air tight as we show when we record under water with the Mavic 3 Camera. So rain should not be getting into the Camera .

Notice on the Submersion test looking for air bubbles on the Camera as there should be none.
The Camera should be able to Record under a few inches of water. The camera did well.

The Mavic 3 has a few Really Weak points in the Rain.

Battery and Power Button are a nightmare in the Rain as there easily compromised , thus the Reason for the Air tight Seal on the battery and the Power button.

Second is the open vents on top of the unit for Air Release, this needs to be protected in the Flights in the Rain to protect the ESC and Main Board.

Third is the landing sensor needs to be protected from the Drone wanting to force land.

This is where the Wet Suits put all of its focus. as the Motors are already Water Resistant and the Camera
is protected as well.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Last edited:
@Phantomrain.org - I am curious about how your protect this so well.How do you cover the vents and still keep it from overheating? When you say that motors are water resistant that leads me to believe that over time water might be an issue. Not so? Are the components that can see water inside already coated with paralyne?

@Phantomrain.org - I am curious about how your protect this so well.
The motors are the same as used in the RC Subs - Meaning Aluminum Brush-Less motors so these have been flawless in all the DJI drones thus far.

Venting is different on each drone, but the concept is to Redirect air flow or in the case of the Mavic 3 have to seal it off for a period of time while flying in the Rain and the Wet Suit makes that easy to do. Because the flights are still less than 45 minutes over heating has never been an issue on any of the Drones.

The boards may be coated but the ESC and Main Board are not agreeable to water as the ESC module is the first to go as well as the main board.. as well as the Sensors Errors.

The concern for all the drones including the Mavic 3 is the Battery and the Power Button .

Once you see that error message that says : The Battery has disconnected from your controller , the drone is going to crash into the ground.

You also have the Battery Flashing which lets you know the Battery had been Compromised.

If your going to fly in the Rain, the Wet Suits are the Best option as there used all over the world ,

From the Ukraine Missions to NFL practice , Search an Rescue as well as the occasional hobbyist the Wet Suits are providing function and Protection to fly your drone in more Extreme conditions.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Hello all,

I have a question for either phantom rain or any others who have the Mavic 3 rain suit.

Does this suit in any way help keep rain out of the gimbal / camera?

I’ve had some issues in the past with getting caught in a light rain. The camera would end up with moisture behind the camera lens. This would require the drone to be placed in a ziplock back for several hours with silica gels.

Thanks,

SH
The moisture you are referring to is not behind the camera lens, but in front of it, as the lenses on all DJI drone cameras are covered by a removable filter. Just remove the filter, gently remove the moisture with a lens cloth, and replace the filter.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423