DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about Obstacle Avoidance and Litchi

Levitate

Reactions
Hi guys - I often fly lengthy Litchi waypoint flights. I usually turn off all obstacle avoidance because I remember back in the days of the original P4, there were some complaints of direct sunlight causing the drone to suddenly stop. Is this still a problem? Some of my Litchi flights are around buildings, so I briefly lose reception, and the last thing I want is it to catch a glimpse of the setting sun or something and stop or ruin the whole thing.

I just wanted to get some input here.

Thanks everyone.

Hi guys - I often fly lengthy Litchi waypoint flights. I usually turn off all obstacle avoidance because I remember back in the days of the original P4, there were some complaints of direct sunlight causing the drone to suddenly stop. Is this still a problem? Some of my Litchi flights are around buildings, so I briefly lose reception, and the last thing I want is it to catch a glimpse of the setting sun or something and stop or ruin the whole thing.

I just wanted to get some input here.

Thanks everyone.

It still happens but I don’t find it happens all that often. It usually goes away once the sensor cameras adjust

Reactions: JakeRobinson
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCholdings