DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about software and firmware updates.

BikerBuster

Premium Pilot
Reactions
For some time now there has been a real Hoo-Haa about every time DJI issues another update, especially since that warning sign that stated that if you didn't update, your flights will be limited, your children would be siezed and your left nut would be forfeit.

My question is, I have never updated from 4.0.3 (I think) and have never updated the firmware, this is the state the Mavic arrived in in April this year. (I still have both children, the twins are intact and I have never had any flight impositions). Have there been any notable changes in flight or video performance through the various upgrades?

Those of you that have have updated software and firmware religiously, have you noticed any significant changes?

Or is all the Hoo-Haa just nonesense?

I cannot find a tablet that works seamlessly, I even bought a brand new Galaxy Tab A (as recommended) and that shows a broken/juddery/hesitant video feed. I need to know if the software firmaware updates will address this or do I have to waste yet more money trying to find a screen that works.

Incidentally my cheapo Nomu S20 mobile phone works faultlessly but the screen is just too wee.

Thanks guys 'n' gals

...I even bought a brand new Galaxy Tab A (as recommended) and that shows a broken/juddery/hesitant video feed. I need to know if the software firmaware updates will address this or do I have to waste yet more money...
I have not been updating due to the way DJI has been releasing buggy software but I finally did out of frustration with the Go 4 app not working well with my Tab A. It was pure luck that the Go 4 update available was the 4.1.15 version. Absolutely no video problems and the Here map even works (after downloading the offline map). I do fly in airplane mode with all other apps closed and have video caching turned off. It is the best that it has ever worked and really makes it fun again.

The MP and RC are on version 01.04.0000 and I have not been asked to update or take the test I have been hearing about. I have auto updates turned off and have a copy of 4.1.15 available in case DJI sneeks an update past me. They did that two days after I downgraded to the working version. I was ready to enjoy another flight with my now working Tab A and was dismayed to see that the video was the worst it had ever been. It was so laggey and pixillated that it was unusable. I checked Go 4 and found that the version had changed to 4.1.18. Downgraded to .15 and it works again. That's the last time I will be changing my DJI software.

Reactions: BikerBuster
I use a iPad mini 4. I apply all updates for all software, iOS & firmware usually 2 days after it becomes available.
0 issues

I use two different iPads and an iPhone 6 and do every update as soon as it’s released and don’t have any problems

Thanks Mossiback, that is most useful.

Thanks for the iPad comments too, but I am not intending to waste any more money on devices just to fly this thing.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowyerv