DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question About Tablet/Phone brightness

Dopper

Reactions
I know that which phone/dtablet to purcchase has been discussed to nauseum on this forem but I have a specific question.
I have read that the newer displays have a much better brightness to their display screens and therefore are highly recommended. I noticed in the comparison post on this forem (that compared all the different phones and tablets) that the highly recommended I-Pad Mini 5 has 500Nits of alumination. My iPhone 7 has 603Nits.
My Iphone 7 actually has a higher value so does it make sense to spend the money for say an Mini 5 or similar device?
Is it merely the size of the screen that makes it so much better rather then Nits value or am I missing something?

If it's "dim" on a small screen, it will be "dim" on the big screen, all being equal in the "nits dept."
The only way to know it to try it. See if you can find a freind with a similar device and look at in the sunlight for you to make your best decision...
LCD screens hate the sun (like the Vampires)....

What are you using for a controller. standard or Smart? If smart then the best set up for a larger and brighter screen is going to be the very affordable 2,200 NITS Free World FW 279 7 inch screen. Under $300 and the brightest there is plus no iPad Mini over heating problems.

What are you using for a controller. standard or Smart? If smart then the best set up for a larger and brighter screen is going to be the very affordable 2,200 NITS Free World FW 279 7 inch screen. Under $300 and the brightest there is plus no iPad Mini over heating problems.
Yep. I really love my FreeWorld setup with the SC.

Based on the fact that I own a Mavic Pro Platinum...then all I have to do is buy a Pro 2 drone and a smart controller and I'll have my bases covered.???o_O
Yep, no problemo! ;) . Didn't realize you weren't talking about a M2. Sorry :(

The Galaxy Tab A 480 nits works well for me with brightness set to max. 10" screen.

Although I appreciate everyones impute on my question I don't think I was clear as to what question I needed answered.
I'm not looking for a recommendation as to what tablet I should buy rather I am looking for an explanation of nits values. over size of screen.

For instance, I have heard forem members rave about their mini I-pad 4 and 5's clarity in sunlight etc. As I pointed out in my original post, my Iphone 7 has a higher nits rating then the mini 4/5 and I think my screen brightness sucks. So again is it the nits higher nits value or simply the size of the screen that gets people excited about mini 4's and 5's ?

m not looking for a recommendation as to what tablet I should buy rather I am looking for an explanation of nits values. over size of screen.
I'm not an expert on display characteristics, but the folks at displaymate.com are. Go there and look at the Display Information section and some of the mobile display tests. The tests all have a section about performance in high ambient light (i.e. bright sunlight). Screen brightness is important, but there are other things like the reflectivity of the display and the contrast. Read a review of a mobile display and you'll learn a lot about what to look for. I know the latest iPad Mini did very well on controlling unwanted screen reflections.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31