DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question before I order the mini 3 pro

Subliminal87

Reactions
So I want to order the mini 3 pro I just have a few questions because of a lot of back and forth I’m reading online elsewhere.

Since the mini 3 pro is sub 250g.

What do I need to do beforehand to be able to fly legally? Where I live at and the places I want to go fly at are completely opened according to DJI fly map app on iOS, the AirMap app and the B4UFLY app. (no local ordinances that I can find in the areas I want to go). Just flying it to take pictures for myself and share with my friends and family (not commercial).

Since it’s below 250, can I literally just charge it and then take it out and fly? I saw different things online that you *must* do the trust certification thing online and even though it’s not required I should still register my drone with FAA, even though the FAA website says I don’t have to.

As long as I stay out of the circles that show up on the maps, I should be completely ok, correct?

So I want to order the mini 3 pro I just have a few questions because of a lot of back and forth I’m reading online elsewhere.

Since the mini 3 pro is sub 250g.

What do I need to do beforehand to be able to fly legally? Where I live at and the places I want to go fly at are completely opened according to DJI fly map app on iOS, the AirMap app and the B4UFLY app. (no local ordinances that I can find in the areas I want to go). Just flying it to take pictures for myself and share with my friends and family (not commercial).

Since it’s below 250, can I literally just charge it and then take it out and fly? I saw different things online that you *must* do the trust certification thing online and even though it’s not required I should still register my drone with FAA, even though the FAA website says I don’t have to.

As long as I stay out of the circles that show up on the maps, I should be completely ok, correct?

You don't have to do anything unless you use the heavier batteries.

Looks like you're in Pennsylvania? Above is a link, appears PA law has limited prohibitions, like you can't fly in state parks unless there's a designated area.

If you fly strictly for recreation you need to get an online TRUST certificate, which is pretty easy. If you want to fly commercially, you need to get an FAA Part 107 certificate which is moderately difficult, but can be down with a few weeks of study. To get this license you must go to a test center and pass a 60-question exam with a score of at least 70%.

I believe the apps are pretty good about advising where you cannot fly in the US or cannot fly without special permission (LAANC approval).

Good luck and happy flying.

Looks like you're in Pennsylvania? Above is a link, appears PA law has limited prohibitions, like you can't fly in state parks unless there's a designated area.

If you fly strictly for recreation you need to get an online TRUST certificate, which is pretty easy. If you want to fly commercially, you need to get an FAA Part 107 certificate which is moderately difficult, but can be down with a few weeks of study. To get this license you must go to a test center and pass a 60-question exam with a score of at least 70%.

I believe the apps are pretty good about advising where you cannot fly in the US or cannot fly without special permission (LAANC approval).

Good luck and happy flying.

Thanks for the link. Definitely will check that over. I’ll get that trust certificate since it looks like it’s free and if it’s required for sub 250 drones I’ll have it ahead of time to be safe.

Order it today and cancel should you find any weird laws or something. it will take weeks/months at this point to get one anyway

Thanks for the link. Definitely will check that over. I’ll get that trust certificate since it looks like it’s free and if it’s required for sub 250 drones I’ll have it ahead of time to be safe.
If you haven't already done your TRUST, check out the FREE course at Pilot Institute. It's quick and painless, and you get to print out your TRUST cert at the end.

Welcome to the Monkey House!

:cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54