DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question - Mavic Pro in colder temps. How does it handle?

PhillyGuy

Reactions
Sadly I haven't flown in a while, 4 weeks to be exact. The weather here has not been all that great, plus by the time I get home from work, the sun has set - or just about to set.
Anyway, now that "fall temps" finally hit here like a swift kick in the head - 85 on Thurs...to 50s on Friday...but gusty winds. Now low 40's as I woke up today (Sunday).

Question is how does the Mavic Pro work in colder temps? reason I ask, My older X-Star about time last year I noticed a dramatic change when temps went below 60 degrees. Battery was "cold" so that had to warm up. Also batt. life was drastically reduced, a 24 min flight became more like 18 min. (Also a freakish problem with SOME batteries that went form 47% to 1% within 1/2 second...2 of my batteries had this....talk about panic! - I STILL believe that was a firmware problem that was never addressed by Autel)

Dying to get out and fly this today, anything I need to be aware of with the cooler temps, Mavic Pro.

**If this was addressed in older posts, I apologize

Thanks.

Just make sure your batteries are warm. Put them in your pockets or in your heated car before flight. I flew mine last winter when it was 10 degrees Fahrenheit out from inside of my warm pickup truck. No issues at all and best of all....no cold fingers

I wear a vest under my coat so my batteries stay fairly warm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada