DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Questions after crash

Rnl

Reactions
Wondering should I calibrate everything after a small crash?? Replaced vibration board, broke little stop clip.

Did you finish the repair and are you getting video and full gimbal movement? If so, I would say that you are very lucky not to have broken either the ribbon cable or stranded cable. Ive never repaired a gimbal plate and not had to repair one of the cables too.

Yes I would not only recalibrate everything but also go over it with a fine toothed comb to look for any additional damage. Spin the motors without props to feel for any binding. Keep it close to you the first couple of flights to make sure everything is ok and no error messages.

I have never crashed but it's my normal practise simply to check the "sensors state" page in the app prior to flying. If everything in there looks OK then you could test fly it, and see if it seems to fly OK.

Done carefully a recalibration shouldn't do any harm, but generally I try not to change something that's already known to be working well - unless the sensors state page shows unusual readings you probably don't need to do anything.

Humble plate looked ok just broke the little L clip behind board

Camera was working fine when I found it (upside down)

No have not done repair yet going to tonght, another question should I just replace that clip or whole board??

Definitely remove the props, check the motors, and watch for error messages such as motor overload, esc error, etc. Not saying it will happen, but when they land upside down, and the motors are still trying to spin, it puts a burden on the motors and esc, and could possibly cause an overload/overheating issue.

No have not done repair yet going to tonght, another question should I just replace that clip or whole board??

You can just replace the clip if the board isnt bent or broken. Unfortunately, to replace the clip you have to remove the whole upper body (10 screws) just to get to the internal L clip screws. Have you watched any videos yet? Heres one that took her 6 minutes, but your first time might take an hour or more:

Watched it at least 5 times so I feel more confident about it, thanks for advice you are a good man watching and helping each of us that ask

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJIMavic3cine