DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick Tip - Quickly Adjust Gimbal Rotation on the fly

BradBuskey

Reactions
I know we all know how to go into the app, bring up the gimbal settings and hit the advanced settings to bring up the Gimbal Adjustment box, but personally, I dont want it taking up any screen real estate. I even turned off the histogram in favor of Zebra lines. However, there are times where an adjustment is needed, and it isn't always convenient to go through all those menus. There is a quicker way, however. And one that can be done on the fly and with (slightly) more precision.

Hold down the Custom button on the right hand (C2?) and then use the Exposure adjustment wheel when the big green (full screen) crosshair comes up to adjust the gimbal roll left or right. The crosshair should be at the horizon point if the camera is centered forward.

Not taking credit for this one, I was told about it from a friend of mine who heard it from someone else. However they both have P4Ps and didn't know if it worked on the Mavic. Well, this past weekend we tested it and it worked like a charm!

And yes, I did do a quick search here and did not find any mention of this tip - though I did not search the entire text of every post that had Gimbal in the name. If it is a repeat, fine. move on to the next thread and let those who haven't seen it yet learn a great tip. DJI Go 4 only.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this does not work in Litchi currently; the Litchi team says there is a bug in the DJI code libraries that has not been fixed yet, so they can't fix the problem until DJI helps out.

Unfortunately, this does not work in Litchi currently; the Litchi team says there is a bug in the DJI code libraries that has not been fixed yet, so they can't fix the problem until DJI helps out.

I dont use Litchi, so I didnt test.

I've tried this several times but the crosshair doesn't come up and the wheel doesn't do the adjustment. Just wondering if there's something else I should be doing to get it to work ?

I've tried this several times but the crosshair doesn't come up and the wheel doesn't do the adjustment. Just wondering if there's something else I should be doing to get it to work ?
I just tried it and it worked as of 5/1/2017, using the 0600 firmware. You need to both hold down c2 AND rotate the right wheel before you see anything. This appears to be in addition to any other function assigned to c2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54