DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quiet thread deletion? Not good style...

Status
Not open for further replies.
March 23rd? That was somewhat late. Most of us were locked down in Feb or early March.

Also if you are bored others will be too. It is not sensible to dive in unless you are prepared for other bored people to respond similarly.

17:00 on 16 March, UK government says "you should work from home if you can"
17:00 on 20 March, UK government says "bars and restaurants must close"
20:00 on 23 March, UK government says "you must stay at home"

Just saying... looks like you were pretty early going into lockdown in Feb!

Hi everyone. Looks like we are all getting a bit antsy.
I know I am, but just to hijack this thread, My mate and I are going to a nice quiet dark spot at 2am local time to hopefully get some Astro shots of the ETA meteors. Have Nikon D810, Samyang Wide angle 14 mm lens and a Startracker.
Live in Wollongong, Illawarra area, NSW, Australia.
Back to the thread.
Sometimes I like a sticky beak at posts especially when locked, must say get a bit disappointed when they disappear ?
And I don’t know what’s happened. But not something to get annoyed about though.
This forum, I believe, is run very well and is quite balanced although obviously with a slew to USA.
For me it’s not a problem though.
If everyone were to just discuss issues and not personalise all would be well.
As an extra, we have both just been tested as negative to Virus, practice strict social distance and been isolating , also have the Covid App.

So, yesterday someone questioned in a thread if it's a proper method to send personal messages to all members to announce the new MA.

Few responded, so did I.

Funny enough now that thread just got quietly deleted as far as I can see.

Looks like someone can't handle critique how it's done in a western democracy.
Not a good way to handle things like that.
Highly suggest you read our guidelines.
9. Public discussion about moderation or moderator decisions is not allowed.
This is closed and if anyone has an issue with that message Admin.
IMG_8764.gif

Thank you all for the feedback.

Many of you have been here for years so you obviously agree that we do a good job keeping the site clean, friendly, fast, spam-free, and full of great information. I understand that not everyone is going to agree with how we run every part of our business and generate the income necessary to pay our bills.

Anyone who has interacted with me knows that I'm open and willing to discuss your concerns privately. We've had plenty of challenges here and I've had hundreds of private discussions around those issues.

I've found when members start threads like this they are generally trying to create controversy, rally the troops to grab pitchforks against the evil admin empire. They are rarely concerned with having an open, thoughtful discussion around the issue or they would have messaged me directly. Once a thread like this starts, few are interested in hearing the background, details, issues, etc.. but just piling on everything wrong with our site and this rarely leads to anything productive. This is why we have a rule against these discussions in the community rules.

I am always open to a thoughtful private conversation about our business if you'd like to message me. If MavicPilots doesn't suit your needs then I'd recommend finding another drone community. If you take issue with our advertising, affiliates, or promotional messages then we offer a premium upgrade option so you won't see any future advertisements, promotional messages, etc..

Thanks,

Cassidy

Well, I think that a thing like this should be handled openly.
It's a principle thing of how one does things.

The other thread was well mannered and not in any way rude. At least to reply 8 or 9.

I just wanted to look what happened to the discussion thereafter, and it's quietly gone.

Of course the admin could just give a kind reply here as to why it's gone without notice.
Here is a principle for you. This site is free to use and is supported through advertising, hence the reason you see ads unless you opt for the Premium Pilot membership. The message you got was from the site owner and admin. It was not from an outside concern and your private information was not sold or given to anyone outside of the forum.

Furthermore this site is a private business and is not a democracy. Please review our Community Rules, especially this one -8. Be mindful of yourself and others. This community is not a democracy; it is privately owned and we determine the rules. If rules are violated we retain the right at our discretion to remove, edit or delete posts and if necessary ban or remove members. Any abuse toward our team may result in immediate suspension of your account.

I assume you have benefitted from being a member here, so if you have a complaint with the way the owner and admin of this site runs his business, I suggest you take it up in a conversation (private message) instead of the open forum.

Just my personal opinion of the matter, yours may differ. If so try sending a PM to the site admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan