DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quite Possibly The Best Mavic Air Video I've Seen

This one impressed me the most

How did a video from a regular Mavic impress you. Surely you didn't think he took that video with an 'air'

His reviews of the drone are not paid endorsements by DJI.
And how exactly would you know this. The amount of money someone makes on YouTube and the footage they produce is in no way a measure of their expertise or objectivity. IMO the guy is like too many other YouTubers and doesn't know the difference between teaching/instructing and just showing off.

And how exactly would you know this. The amount of money someone makes on YouTube and the footage they produce is in no way a measure of their expertise or objectivity. IMO the guy is like too many other YouTubers and doesn't know the difference between teaching/instructing and just showing off.

Eh I can appreciate your point of view but when did it become this guy's responsibility to "teach" or "instruct"? He does extreme stunt videos for goodness sakes! If you want technical break downs, check out Drone Valley. If you want video tips check out Tom's Tech Time. If you want hijinks iphonedo or Casey are your cup of tea. I personally want to be entertained when I watch a video. If I wanted someone to "teach" me something, I'd take a class.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
when did it become this guy's responsibility to "teach" or "instruct"?

I contend that it was when he purported to influence others as to whether they should buy any given product. If its just for the sake of entertainment, there should not be recommendations.

I guess I'm not impressed or entertained by someone's ability to shoot selfies. Just one professional video producer's opinion.

I contend that it was when he purported to influence others as to whether they should buy any given product. If its just for the sake of entertainment, there should not be recommendations.

I guess I'm not impressed or entertained by someone's ability to shoot selfies. Just one professional video producer's opinion.

I guess that's fair enough but I submit that he outlined the products specifications, demoed them and gave his opinion. I'm not sure what else he's "required" to do to be considered "impressive"?

You have a guy like Rick from Drone Valley that doesn't even have the drone, that has "droned" on about his opinion of what it can or will do based on specs and speculation. I personally, would rather just have someone brush over the specs and fly the thing. I can look up specs for myself. You can talk about what the wifi specs will do for range or you can fly it and see how far it gets.

In any case, we all have our tastes and I can respect yours on a personal level but I really find no added value in your opinion based on your profession. I've been flying for almost a decade, I can look at the specs for an opinion as well but I find the most interest in doing. In any case, producing a video demoing what this drone will be used for, selfies, makes more sense to me than shooting far reaching vistas. Based on specs, I'm speculating that this drone is designed more to shoot selfies, group activities and your immediate surroundings. You buy a Phantom 4 Pro to shoot long range landscapes. With the Mavic Pro falling somewhere in-between these two.

Last edited:
I couldn’t belive how he was flying with all those people and got no agro [emoji15]

I couldn’t belive how he was flying with all those people and got no agro [emoji15]

I thought that at first but then realized this was the European DJI Mavic Air launch event. Everyone there was there to review the drone.

Reactions: philh24
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne