DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Radio Frequencies of Mavic Controllers

Lets Fly

Reactions
Just a thought, how many different frequencies does DJI put out on the controllers. Could my neighbors Mavic or Phamtom wind up controlling my or vise versa, especially at a distance where one signal could be stronger than the other?

Just a thought, how many different frequencies does DJI put out on the controllers. Could my neighbors Mavic or Phamtom wind up controlling my or vise versa, especially at a distance where one signal could be stronger than the other?

Well. Anything is possible but no, your neighbor wont be able to control your drone. Your drone is connected to your controller with 256bit encryption. This was advised to me by DJI because of the work I do.

Reactions: Lets Fly
also there is a thing called spread spectrum frequency hopping that reduces interference from others operating on the same band. So the craft isn't operating on one single frequency that could be easily interfered with but rather a whole band of frequencies in little bits and pieces.

If you get two Mavic controllers within a few feet of each other, you can get an effect where one transmitter will swamp out the other causing problems with one of the Mavic's - but - if you keep a few yards apart, you'll be OK ... That's because even if you are using the same frequency, there are digital 'identities' associated with each Mavic / Controller combo' which will ensure that Mavic A is controlled by Controller A, Mavic B by Controller B etc. That's what the 'Linking' process does when you link a controller to a Mavic. Unless you allow your neighbour to 'Link' their controller to your Mavic, you can be pretty sure that (without a Military-grade suite of electronics) they are not going to be able to take your Mavic under their control.

Good to know, thanks. I would guess it would be hard to jam us also.

Good to know, thanks. I would guess it would be hard to jam us also.
There are a lot of emerging anti-drone systems that rely on blasting a concentrated Radio Frequency [RF] signal at the drone, to the extent that it overloads the receivers and the drone is forced into it's loss of signal mode and just lands. Some of these even look like future-tech ray guns!

My Son & I had the original Mavic and the M2 p flying yesterday. We stood a few feet apart and had no problems at all.

Normally wouldn’t have done this but I wanted to see if M2 would active track another drone in all directions (answer yes but not very easily and looses contact ).

Not sure if we were just lucky or a couple of feet separation is enough. Hope that helps. Take care. Peter

There are a lot of emerging anti-drone systems that rely on blasting a concentrated Radio Frequency [RF] signal at the drone, to the extent that it overloads the receivers and the drone is forced into it's loss of signal mode and just lands. Some of these even look like future-tech ray guns!

Cool anti-drone directional jammer....but not available to individuals in America.

Also, not FCC-approved....from their website:
DroneCannon RW has not been authorized as required by the United States Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”). This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, in the United States, other than to the United States government, its agencies, and its properly delegated representatives, until such authorization is obtained. The use of DroneCannon RW in the United States by other persons or entities, including, in certain circumstances, state or local government agencies, is prohibited by federal law. Laws limiting the availability of DroneCannon RW to certain types of users may apply in other jurisdictions, and any sales will be conducted only in compliance with the applicable laws.

I’ve had 5 drones in the air at the same time (4 DJI relatives , 1 Yuneeq) and had no issues between them and I had all the RC’s sitting on a table.
I was doing a battery run test.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78