DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rain Or Shine : There Killing it !

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
There are Two Poster to Watch and follow : Take advantage of these quality pictures they are posting.

Cody Shaw Tag name : @itsneedtokno Taking some extreme weather pictures
Richard Schafer Going up in rain walls for the capture. Sachse Sky Scenes you tube name:

Most posters just post stamp size pics but these two are giving you full Resolution pictures :)

Its really something to see there pictures on the big screen. o_O
Its really helps to see true quality as many of the smaller pictures may not show the quality as well.

When i really started comparing my auto made pics to dialed in ones this big I started to see the differences in quality and skill.

These two have been posting Mega Quality Prints to see and use showing you what is really possible when you scale up :

Richard just sent me this : Rain or shine he was getting the picture:

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic to capture the Breath of a storm with the threat of pouring rain.

Last edited:
Yuck. These over saturated photos are not realistic at all.
They are edited that way. I do lots for the effect.
7577908F-4781-4F55-B281-0B6519470047.jpeg
@Phantomrain.org
. Most posters just post stamp size pics but these two are giving you full Resolution pictures :)
True and the members you mention have great eyes for composition
and great editing skills but that does not make other members
pictures any lesser. Everyone has differant skill levels and learn
from others.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
[

@rhberg
How about this one?
You must be addressing the post above mine. Looks good to me but
all pictures look good to me. Some just don’t have an eye for composition or the subject matter . But they learn from looking at those that do.
Ive watched members just from this forum start out with so so photos but after some time they ended up being outstanding.
Porky was one of them.

agreed, it took years, but also took a mentor or two along the way.
Here we have Many mentors if members would just pay attention.
Lots just have natural talent some like me are always learning from watching. My biggest issue is I didn’t start till I retired and was never
computer savvy. Still ain’t but I’m learning ?.

(the dock photo) I'm not sure what you are getting at, but this photo does not suffer from over-saturation. For me, I avoid sliding that saturation slider too high, judged (subjectively) by whether that saturation resembles what I saw when taking the photo. For instance, Cody's storm/sunset photo above--were the clouds really that color of green and blue, or did that happen when you boosted the saturation? Like every photo, what the photographer feels is best is his to judge. My comment merely reflects my tastes.

(the dock photo) I'm not sure what you are getting at, but this photo does not suffer from over-saturation. For me, I avoid sliding that saturation slider too high, judged (subjectively) by whether that saturation resembles what I saw when taking the photo. For instance, Cody's storm/sunset photo above--were the clouds really that color of green and blue, or did that happen when you boosted the saturation? Like every photo, what the photographer feels is best is his to judge. My comment merely reflects my tastes.
I used split toning, and luminance adjustments. Highlighting oranges and red, bringing up blues and greens from the shadows.

I'll upload the unedited if I still have it, and also do a screenshot of my saturation sliders.

I completely agree that it is all up to the Photographer, as it is their artwork. I happen to prefer the ominous, ethereal look but understandably, not everyone does.

Reactions: dirkclod
I have spent years working in wet darkrooms. I look back and wonder what I could have done with my images back then if Photoshop had existed....

I have spent years working in wet darkrooms. I look back and wonder what I could have done with my images back then if Photoshop had existed....
I don't use Photoshop... At all.

Well, except for this one. Adobe_Post_20200905_2045070.8780426849350577.png

I've been inside a few wetrooms though, it's paradise.

I used split toning, and luminance adjustments. Highlighting oranges and red, bringing up blues and greens from the shadows.

I'll upload the unedited if I still have it, and also do a screenshot of my saturation sliders.

I completely agree that it is all up to the Photographer, as it is their artwork. I happen to prefer the ominous, ethereal look but understandably, not everyone does.

BEFORE
before.png

AFTER
developed.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member