DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Random Warning "Flight Altitude exceeds 0 m. May violate local policies and regulations."

Right - the screen shot that I put in post #2 is also from Foreflight. But I don't think Foreflight works without at least the basic subscription.

You would not have the maps to use. but I think you can just use the Aerial Map or Street Map and select airspace on under settings?
I will try and log out of mine and see if I can still use that..

Yup! Logged out completely.. All of my VMC and such are not an option now. But I still have Aerial Map up and it shows me all the airspace and control zones. Cool

Reactions: sar104
You would not have the maps to use. but I think you can just use the Aerial Map or Street Map and select airspace on under settings?

Yup! Logged out completely.. All of my VMC and such are not an option now. But I still have Aerial Map up and it shows me all the airspace and control zones. Cool

That's generous of them - I never tried that.

Reactions: Jetdriver100
If those getting the message would post which software/firmware versions they are using, it might show that a particular release has the problem.

Excellent point. I have seen the issue in DJI Go 4 for iOS version 4.3.43 (4342) running on my iPad Pro 11. The popups occurred for me on trips to fly in late March.

Ultimately it’s pilot responsibility to fly legally. DJI software is written in China and can have errors as we have seen on this forum.
BTW, while do check sectionals and AirMap, my CS on most current software, has never restricted my flights.

Ultimately it’s pilot responsibility to fly legally. DJI software is written in China and can have errors as we have seen on this forum.
BTW, while do check sectionals and AirMap, my CS on most current software, has never restricted my flights.

Yeah. And that's what's gotten me thinking it's just a software bug in the new Go 4 version. It's just a warning. You're able to fly as usual and people say they're seeing it after they've verified they're in good airspace. Go 4 just pops up a warning box stating you've reached an altitude of 0 meters and to exercise caution. It's like they didn't handle the case of 0 when they put the max altitude popup in. I'll see if I can get a screen shot for everyone next time I run out to fly. I usually see it at least once after takeoff when I go fly all three of my batteries.

I am having a difficult time following the responses on this thread now....have we morphed into two subjects from the original post? Help me out if we haven't.

I think I have the most recent software the best I can tell:
4.3.32 and 1.04.0500

I don't see a newer version in the App Store but maybe there is a different site to download? What about you NOLADG.

Thanks

I am also using the iOS version of DJI GO 4 v4.3.32 (4342) I have updated all of my drones with the latest and greatest firmware.

I still find it strange that it gives me the warning on some flights and not others, literally minutes apart and in the same area.

Thanks for everyones input and help! It would be interesting to hear what DJI has to say about the message.

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking

Without a subscription, you can't get past the sign up for a subscription screen. At least, I can't figure out how to do so on iOS.

I know they offer a 30 day free trial. Perhaps, just get yourself a sign in then cancel the subscription. As I say, I signed completely out of mine to test it. and still had use of the app. Just all of my aviation maps were gone.

I know they offer a 30 day free trial. Perhaps, just get yourself a sign in then cancel the subscription. As I say, I signed completely out of mine to test it. and still had use of the app. Just all of my aviation maps were gone.
Apparently, I must have installed it previously, and refused to create an account, so when I did create an account just now, it says the free trial expired on Feb 20. Oh, well. Might just try it on another device, though, with a new account. Thanks!

Apparently, I must have installed it previously, and refused to create an account, so when I did create an account just now, it says the free trial expired on Feb 20. Oh, well. Might just try it on another device, though, with a new account. Thanks!

Do you still have your old Log in Information? Or, will it even let you get to the log in?

Do you still have your old Log in Information? Or, will it even let you get to the log in?
No, I never created a Log in, but it still notified me of the free trial expiration, and wouldn't let me proceed, without signing up for paid membership.
C4FDC12E-3035-473C-BBEE-E533B8CD38CE.png

Darn. that is really odd.
Just a problem of my own making. I suppose I could also try deleting the app and reinstalling it, but I suspect they have some way of detecting that, too, to prevent people from getting more than one free trial that they actually used, unlike me.

I posted this in SparkPilots a couple of weeks ago, but didn't get a resolution. It happened to me yesterday on one flight out of five in the same area. Occasionally when I am flying my Spark or my Mavic Air using DJI GO 4, I am get a message that will pop up somewhat randomly saying, "Flight Altitude exceeds 0 m. May violate local policies and regulations. Ensure you have obtained proper airspace authorization."

I have checked Airmap, DJI maps and others. All show the area is in the green for each of the areas this has happened in. I have checked my local and state laws to see if there are any new laws that maybe DJI knows about and have found none. Additionally it has happened in two different states, and far away from any urban areas, airports, etc. that might create an issue.

What is strange too is the randomness that it pops up. Like one flight out of five in the same area or sometimes mid flight after being in the same spot prior without an the message.

Has anyone else had this warning?

Someone on SparkPilots thought I might have my Max Altitude set at 0 meters. But this is not the case.

I posted a previous flight in what I see as clear airspace at Airmap. As I returned near my starting position for the 4th time in this flight, the "0 m" message came up again at 10m 33.7s
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Any thoughts?

For the Mavic Pro, FW version v1.03.0700 is the sweet spot. No tests. No EULA's. No warnings. No erroneous fly warnings or flat-out wrong assumptions regarding the NAS. No loss of control. No crappy video feed. Just blissful, reliable flying.

D

As promised, here's a screen shot of the message as it appeared last night when I was out flying. This time it came up on the second of three batteries all flown from the same location. I didn't capture a shot of the dialog that appears when you approach 400 feet AGL since the wind was blowing like crazy and I didn't want my Mavic to wind up in the next county. But I believe both warnings appeared for the first time in DJI Go 4 version 4.3.32 (4342). Not that DJI software ever ships with any bugs. ;)

IMG_0234.jpg

As promised, here's a screen shot of the message as it appeared last night when I was out flying. This time it came up on the second of three batteries all flown from the same location. I didn't capture a shot of the dialog that appears when you approach 400 feet AGL since the wind was blowing like crazy and I didn't want my Mavic to wind up in the next county. But I believe both warnings appeared for the first time in DJI Go 4 version 4.3.32 (4342). Not that DJI software ever ships with any bugs. ;)

View attachment 98746
Sounds like a mismatch of GEO maps. Make sure all FlySafe databases are updated, both the Precise one and the general one, and the ones in both the app and the aircraft. If the maps are out of sync, it could cause this type of error.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61