DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range extender antennas

Elton Hammonds

Reactions
I'm looking to upgrade my M2P remote control antennas.

I see there's several companies that have them listed for the Mavic Pro, but can anyone think of why they wouldn't fit and function onto our remotes?

Anyone have any experience with different models or seen any comparisons?

The stock antennas will work well over 3 miles, not sure what you're trying to accomplish by replacing them.

I'm looking for maximum power amplification, but don't know if anyone has heard of problems with any of them and if anyone knows of a way the Mavic 1Pro is different, which would prevent them from not working.

I don't have a Mavic Pro 1, so I wouldn't know...

I don't like having stock setups on anything...it's just my way.

I see there's several companies that have them listed for the Mavic Pro, but can anyone think of why they wouldn't fit and function onto our remotes?

Watch this thread or jump in it as it will be where most distance post are . These guys or some of them I know and know what they are doing . Official Mavic2 Range Leaderboard .They will find the best antenna .Did for the Pro.

I have a MPP and I had the Titan Switch installed and flew with it for several months. The beauty with the Switch is it is a 2.4 GHz based system. When they enable the M2P to use the MP (MPP) remote controller that is all it takes. Titan Switch modifies the RC only to change the stock antennas to plugin antennas / amplifiers. Here is a YouTube video by Titan on the Switch system.
Any questions, I will give you as much insight as I have. If I was faced with the decision again, knowing what I know now I would make the same decision.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Unfortunately, I've pulled the trigger and ordered the Raptor XR antenna directly from Poland.

Now I'm looking for amps.

I'm assuming one antenna is transmitting at 2.4 and the other is at 5.8, so I will want an amp for both.

Does that sound right?

Unfortunately, I've pulled the trigger and ordered the Raptor XR antenna directly from Poland.

Now I'm looking for amps.

I'm assuming one antenna is transmitting at 2.4 and the other is at 5.8, so I will want an amp for both.

Does that sound right?
I don’t think it’s that simple

No you should be able to put the boosters on. Ill see if i can find a link to rhe popular ones most of us use, when i get home. ( unless someone else can jump in)
What i meant was that it want as simple as 2.4 and 5.8 on the left and right antennas.

I purshased the MAXX Mod 2.4 antenna setup when I first picked up a Mavic Pro, Was very impressed with it more on the low level flying side. Honestly, you don’t need it with the Mavic 2 Pro it’s a remarkable drone as I have one. The distance Is there using stock setup, the only advantage with a booster setup will be better capabilities with low flying or in areas with a lot of interference that’s were you may gain an edge at great distances with interference.

The maximum range on a stock Mavic 2 Pro is 4.9 miles (8000 meters), a
Iittle short of 5 miles. Stock Mavic 2 Pro will easily achieve this, and get you back near 15% battery strength if conditions are right.

I’m one to modify believe me, with the Mavic 2 Pro don’t see a need for it as it’s already a great piece of equipment for both low flying and great distances.

Good luck,
Paul

Im confused as well. Unless ur doing a battery mod also u will be losing ur drone first flight if u plan on flying much further than what its already capable of.

I think distance is pretty cool also but ur weight is gonna increase substantially with battery mod so ur speed will decrease as well.

How far u wanting to fly?

Im confused as well. Unless ur doing a battery mod also u will be losing ur drone first flight if u plan on flying much further than what its already capable of.

I think distance is pretty cool also but ur weight is gonna increase substantially with battery mod so ur speed will decrease as well.

Edit: I thought you were replying to a different post. So I removed my comment.

For us in Europe its needed being in CE mode. I myself can't go much further than 2 km away in a non-interferance area, being around 100m up in air.

As im trying to record alot of animals i need to go behind the trees in the area i live in, and doing that i can only go maybe 8-900 meters away and maybe 10 meters above ground, if even that, before loosing picture.

So for me as example i would really need a upgrade for that.

Primarily, I want rock solid signal that will cut thru any local interfere.

Reactions: Turn11 and Colbymh
I purshased the MAXX Mod 2.4 antenna setup when I first picked up a Mavic Pro, Was very impressed with it more on the low level flying side. Honestly, you don’t need it with the Mavic 2 Pro it’s a remarkable drone as I have one. The distance Is there using stock setup, the only advantage with a booster setup will be better capabilities with low flying or in areas with a lot of interference that’s were you may gain an edge at great distances with interference.

The maximum range on a stock Mavic 2 Pro is 4.9 miles (8000 meters), a
Iittle short of 5 miles. Stock Mavic 2 Pro will easily achieve this, and get you back near 15% battery strength if conditions are right.

I’m one to modify believe me, with the Mavic 2 Pro don’t see a need for it as it’s already a great piece of equipment for both low flying and great distances.

Good luck,
Paul
That's exactly what I'm looking for at the moment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123