DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range Extender Question

Don’t buy either of those. Get yourself an amplified antenna if you have the budget here is the setup I bought from covertdrones.com the box is specific for a Mavic because it charges my batteries to. I use the smaller antennas when I’m going on an airplane or something like that where I don’t want to lug around a big box. They have 4 watt amplifiers and I’ve gone further then my battery would ever allow me and I’m in a highly congested nebighorhood on Minnesota. It’s amazing stuff couldn’t believe the difference I am not a believer at all in those “wind surfers” I’m sure they have worked a little for some people just fine I’m not going to down anyone else’s idea but the pure fact of amplifying your remote signal with a battery it just makes sense your going to get huge range! Obviously the style of antenna makes a huge difference flat panel directional or whip. Either way 4 watt boosters behind something that looks so nice you just can’t beat the set up! They look so clean on the remote it’s unreal

Attachments

• A34FA285-DBDC-4CE9-99B1-DC86D3A9ED93.jpeg
    A34FA285-DBDC-4CE9-99B1-DC86D3A9ED93.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 33
  • 0005DFA2-8BD4-4C96-9192-28D1C68E51BD.jpeg
    0005DFA2-8BD4-4C96-9192-28D1C68E51BD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
  • A0313006-7F76-4662-8538-B7BA19D8CB04.jpeg
    A0313006-7F76-4662-8538-B7BA19D8CB04.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Of course there’s always a DIY wait do you things I’m sure it works great for you but boy when you get that nice designer quality I just really really like the look There’s always a DIY way to do things and if you’re a project guy it’s definitely the way to go But the quality on a design a product I just love it and I love the look covertdrones.com baby I wouldnt use another antenna system unless they didn’t make it for a drone I had

Attachments

• 22ABF248-C142-4363-B8D5-BA217963FEAC.jpeg
    22ABF248-C142-4363-B8D5-BA217963FEAC.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 19
well as you know of course a DIY one can have nice designer quality too. but yes sometimes it just nice to plug and play and go instead of building something. however that unit sure does look nice tho :)

Reactions: luke61456789
well as you know of course a DIY one can have nice designer quality too. but yes sometimes it just nice to plug and play and go instead of building something. however that unit sure does look nice tho :)
Yes of course they can I’m glad you didn’t take that out of context and the wrong way. I didn’t mean you can have a nice looking range extender that you built yourself :) a 4 watt amplifier no matter if it’s sideways is a 4 watt amplifier and I’m sure your stuff looks pretty awesome! Thanks for the compliment on my stuff to I didn’t mean diy stuff can’t look good everything starts out as a diy dji didn’t build these amplifiers :). You are a good guy brother and I’m sure glad that you didn’t take that the wrong way it’s nice to see people still just like to have discusssions instead of trying to troll and take stabs at each other your a good man :)

Yes of course they can I’m glad you didn’t take that out of context and the wrong way. I didn’t mean you can have a nice looking range extender that you built yourself :) a 4 watt amplifier no matter if it’s sideways is a 4 watt amplifier and I’m sure your stuff looks pretty awesome! Thanks for the compliment on my stuff to I didn’t mean diy stuff can’t look good everything starts out as a diy dji didn’t build these amplifiers :). You are a good guy brother and I’m sure glad that you didn’t take that the wrong way it’s nice to see people still just like to have discusssions instead of trying to troll and take stabs at each other your a good man :)

ohhh noooo worries its all good! :) you are right DIY stuff is where it all starts out at :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FloⒶlerta