DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range Extender Question

JoMaMa

Reactions
Does anyone know the difference between the copper lined range extenders and the aluminum lined ones? Does it effect anything? Asking because I have the aluminum lined ones. Never fly without them. Just wondering if they're even doing anything...

are you taking about the ones that go over the antenna?

are you taking about the ones that go over the antenna?
Yes. There are 'gold' (copper) coated ones and 'silver' or mirror like (aluminum) coated ones. Wondering if anyone knew the specifics or science behind the two types if there is a difference..

if I recall I don't think the coating makes that much difference however the curve of the antenna does! so unless there is a difference that way I don't think there is a difference

Reactions: JoMaMa
I have the correctly curved ones, at least according to the research I've done, just wondering about the coating. Thank you for your answer.

I have found the copper seem to work better then the silver colored ones which I think are made from either sheet metal or aluminum
I use the ones from threekings and it works great.

Interesting. Thank you. I have the silver/aluminum ones and haven't had an issue yet. But, like I said, I haven flown without it and haven't been out more than a mile away from the controller yet... 4000 plus feet so far...No signal degradation or loss yet. I'll just resume using them. Can't hurt right?

As far as I know. Matter of fact it's well known. The original equipment is really good. The extender is just, mostly, for guaranteed signal strength. Personally not going to go as far as modding. Looks cool though...

Reactions: CarlsbadAL
I found another video where the mavic flew 5 miles with modded battery. In the description it says he uses a Mavic with the ITELite Nanosync antenna.

Reactions: amstar
As far as I know. Matter of fact it's well known. The original equipment is really good. The extender is just, mostly, for guaranteed signal strength. Personally not going to go as far as modding. Looks cool though...

Where I fly there is a ton of wifi interference and my connection is spotty when I fly near my home. The Modding seems pretty simple and the gains seem pretty significant . I am seriously thinking of ordering the Range Extender from ITElite to help increase the connection to my Mavic.

...Never fly without them. Just wondering if they're even doing anything...
If they just slip over the antennas, why don't you get it out a ways and take them off to see if the antenna strength changes?

that video is nice but he is an open field well more or less I wonder how it would do with trees, wifi interference , etc ?

Reactions: amstar
that video is nice but he is an open field well more or less I wonder how it would do with trees, wifi interference , etc ?

Since the antenna is directional it should help with all of those concerns . Essentially you are focusing your power where you need it.

Since the antenna is directional it should help with all of those concerns . Essentially you are focusing your power where you need it.

hum I am not sure if it would that antenna is not "amped"

Update: way too windy here... I'll try to test them out as suggested tomorrow.

Did you ever get a chance to teamst with and without them? I ordered a set of these myself but one is really tight and didn’t want to go over the antenna. I filed it out some. It fits now but I figure it will scratch up the antenna now. If yours does turn out to work pretty good I’ll probably just order another one from a more well known site.

Did you ever get a chance to teamst with and without them? I ordered a set of these myself but one is really tight and didn’t want to go over the antenna. I filed it out some. It fits now but I figure it will scratch up the antenna now. If yours does turn out to work pretty good I’ll probably just order another one from a more well known site.
No real test yet. I've been flying pretty much LOS lately. I haven't felt the need to go over 5000 feet to a mile yet. If and when I do, I'll check the signal strength with it on and off...

Jowal Simons

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb