DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range Extenders

They work for me I got about another half a mile in the city
Thanks to all for the input. One of the things that seems to be really helping me is flying in Airplane Mode. The distance where I start getting 'weak signal' warnings has gone from about 3000' to about 5000' just by using Airplane Mode.

Thanks to all for the input. One of the things that seems to be really helping me is flying in Airplane Mode. The distance where I start getting 'weak signal' warnings has gone from about 3000' to about 5000' just by using Airplane Mode.
Wonder why being in airplane mode would make a difference? Were your observations made in the same location and flight paths?

Very similar areas, but not exactly the same as one would do to 'scientifically' test the hypothesis. I can tell you that at about 1000' I always started having weak signal issues, and that in airplane mode I got to 5000' without any issue. I have no idea why, as I do not understand the basics of transmission. I am not even sure what waves connect me with the aircraft. Is there a simple 101 explanation for a lay person? Could some of the cellular 'waves' interacting with the phone cause problems thus limiting my range?

being airplane mode makes a lot of difference to me I get better signal its all to do with interference

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mack_Attack