DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range Extending

I've played around with a few of the parameters (mainly gimbal_follow and max tilt parameters), but not noticed any strange up/down movement, either with or without GPS.
can you tell me please exactly what you modified? Thanks

@WooZie I can't remember the exact parameter names, but this is what I've tried (requires firmware 0400 or older):
  • Increased the P mode tilt to 25deg and S mode tilt to 40deg (via the sliders on DH main screen). Top speeds don't seem to be affected very much (I've seen 14.9m/s going downwind) but acceleration is faster. The full 40deg tilt is only used during initial acceleration and hard braking.
  • Increased the S mode vertical ascent to 6m/s (the MM can just achieve this!!) and P mode to 4m/s. I tried increasing the descent speed but have not seen actual speeds faster than 3m/s. Again, via the sliders.
  • Changed the gimbal_follow parameter to 0, so that the drone body moves first, and the gimbal follows during yaw moves. Otherwise the gimbal moves first and after about 0.5sec the drone body starts yawing. I found the delay caused me to often overshoot on yaw movement.
I haven't played with other parameters.

Reactions: WooZie
thank you very much, this is what i did except for the gimbal movement
initial i thought that a big angle will makes the drone more powerfull against the wind and increase the speed too, but it seems it affects only at start and brake, like you said, only the acceleration is changed, but it could be better for return to home that angle to beat the wind.

Last edited:
I think the larger tilt angles help a bit in resisting wind, though not as much as if the top speed limit was increased. It seems the firmware reduces the tilt angles it allows as the ground speed increases.

Changed the gimbal_follow parameter to 0, so that the drone body moves first, and the gimbal follows during yaw moves. Otherwise the gimbal moves first and after about 0.5sec the drone body starts yawing. I found the delay caused me to often overshoot on yaw movement.
thank you, the drone is very acurate in movements now, but did you do that only for sport mode, or for all modes?

There are 2 parameters relating to gimbal_follow. One affects just S mode and the other affects all modes, so you have the choice - the names should be self explanatory.

I went for all modes as the yaw smoothness in video doesn't seem to be too badly affected.

indeed, first i have done it for sport, but then i liked and i did it for all modes, i only tested inside for the moment, i have to go outside and see how is the video, thank you

Reactions: scro
I recorded this video about boosting Mavic Mini European CE model from stock power 25Mw to their maximum power (about 100Mw). That means x4 power and x2 range.

Best regards

R.
Thanks Raulmavic, I tried that but there seems to be bits missing, and some parts different from the other video, that’s unfortunately in German and as I’m too dumb to follow can’t get anywhere.

would it be possible for you to provide written instructions. The bits that look missing is how to connect to the thing in the first place, you telnet to 192.168, then jumped to the next step. That’s not a full IP address. Also, the other video says you need to set your own up to 182.168.3.2, is that necessary also?

I tried following both videos the best I could and still can’t connect computer to rc

Thanks Raulmavic, I tried that but there seems to be bits missing, and some parts different from the other video, that’s unfortunately in German and as I’m too dumb to follow can’t get anywhere.

would it be possible for you to provide written instructions. The bits that look missing is how to connect to the thing in the first place, you telnet to 192.168, then jumped to the next step. That’s not a full IP address. Also, the other video says you need to set your own up to 182.168.3.2, is that necessary also?

I tried following both videos the best I could and still can’t connect computer to rc

You can find detailed instructions at video bottom comments or into this another post if you prefer:

Certainly you has to set your own ip to 192.168.3.2 its in my video too.

By the way, I had to remove "telnet" chapter from video becouse i made a mistake typing ip addreses. Right command is "telnet 192.168.3.10"

R.

Reactions: alan860
You can find detailed instructions at video bottom comments or into this another post if you prefer:

Certainly you has to set your own ip to 192.168.3.2 its in my video too.

By the way, I had to remove "telnet" chapter from video becouse i made a mistake typing ip addreses. Right command is "telnet 192.168.3.10"

R.

Thanks Raul. I can’t open the link but I’ll try it later to see if it’s a temporary issue. How did u set your IP to 192.168.3.2? I couldn’t see that on your video.

Thanks Raul. I can’t open the link but I’ll try it later to see if it’s a temporary issue. How did u set your IP to 192.168.3.2? I couldn’t see that on your video.

You must set that IP at windows ethernet adapter properties. There is an screen capture into my video. I'll try to record a more detailed video as soon as possible.

Best regards.

R.

Do we have confirmation that this mod which basically ends up setting "country=ZZ" is as powerful than the old fake gps mod to set "country=US" ?
It does seem from some posts that ZZ means less power than US

Reactions: raulmavic
Do we have confirmation that this mod which basically ends up setting "country=ZZ" is as powerful than the old fake gps mod to set "country=US" ?
It does seem from some posts that ZZ means less power than US
I read about that at drone-hacks webpage.

True or fake? Who knows....

Into my own Mavic Mini I performed temporal hack first (the one with FakeGPS) for setting USA then my permanent boost for fixing it.

Thats the reason my video capture shows only eleven 2.4Ghz channels.

Best regards

R.

Reactions: UnderPsi
I read about that at drone-hacks webpage.

True or fake? Who knows....

Into my own Mavic Mini I performed temporal hack first (the one with FakeGPS) for setting USA then my permanent boost for fixing it.

Thats the reason my video capture shows only eleven 2.4Ghz channels.

Best regards

R.
Well I thought the same, that "disable_country=1" would leave it in US mode but it changed it to ZZ
I read from other sources that for a CE mini, ZZ brings it to the max it can get but for a FCC mini ZZ is lower than US (or any other FCC country)
I have a FCC model, I think I will go back to fake gps method and taking off without connecting my phone

Does this still work?

I just got the leads and tried it, set my laptop to 193.168.3.2, checked the laptop had accepted it as a connection, opened cud.com and tried to use telnet. It just timed out.

Tried to ping 192.168.3.10 and it lost all packets. Has a firmware update fixed this or am I being retarded?

Reactions: raulmavic
Does this still work?

I just got the leads and tried it, set my laptop to 193.168.3.2, checked the laptop had accepted it as a connection, opened cud.com and tried to use telnet. It just timed out.

Tried to ping 192.168.3.10 and it lost all packets. Has a firmware update fixed this or am I being retarded?
Try another USB Ethertnet adapter. That's the key piece for this hack. Ensure its a 2.0 USB unit with chipset AX88772

Good luck !

R.

Reactions: alan860

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000