DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range Extending

Try another USB Ethertnet adapter. That's the key piece for this hack. Ensure its a 2.0 USB unit with chipset AX88772

Good luck !

R.

I am struggling to find any that says AX88772, I’m sure somewhere said the one I bought had it (mobi lock USB 2 Ethernet adaptor on uk amazon). Does anyone have a link to one in the uk that is confirmed as working with the latest firmware?

That worked a treat. Does it extend the range on all apps or only just the DJI fly one?

I recorded this video about boosting Mavic Mini European CE model from stock power 25Mw to their maximum power (about 100Mw). That means x4 power and x2 range.

Best regards

R.
hi! I learn from your viedo and do the same thing on FCC version(MR1SS5). But it did not work that I can't telnet 192.168.3.10 "could not open connection to the host, on port 23 : Connect failed""
I am pretty sure that everything is right. So is there any differences between CE version and FCC version? Or the ipaddress is different? How do you know the ipaddress 192.168.3.10?

hi! I learn from your viedo and do the same thing on FCC version(MR1SS5). But it did not work that I can't telnet 192.168.3.10 "could not open connection to the host, on port 23 : Connect failed""
I am pretty sure that everything is right. So is there any differences between CE version and FCC version? Or the ipaddress is different? How do you know the ipaddress 192.168.3.10?
Thank you very much! I tried and modifid the disable_country =1. It doesn't work on FCC version Mavic Mini in China.

Reactions: raulmavic
I will downgrade the app to 1.0.6 Android and try again. Than I will report.

You misunderstood something! The method of video is independent of the application. Changes the RC setting, not the APP.

Reactions: PanX and raulmavic
I recorded this video about boosting Mavic Mini European CE model from stock power 25Mw to their maximum power (about 100Mw). That means x4 power and x2 range.

Best regards

R.

In this way, I try to make FCC with Country:US settings. After that it can be changed. Because of, If you bind another AC with your RC. All settings will be cancelled.
How can I fixed. ?

You misunderstood something! The method of video is independent of the application. Changes the RC setting, not the APP.
Sorry.It's my fault that let you misunderstand me cause my poor English. Now I will let you know what I did.
First, I telnet the RC and modified the parameter which is last line"disable_country". Let it be 1.(The original number is 0).
I tried to fly and find it still on SRRC mod that can reach about 1 km here in China.(Note: My Mavic mini is FCC version that same hardware as the US retail)
Second. I watched the video again and find it work on 1.0.6 app. So immediately I download the 1.0.6 app and install. FLY~~~ Still on SRRC mod and the max distance is 1km.
By the way , the firmware of RC and drone is .400 both. I use Android phone.
0.jpg1.png2.png

My English is crappy too (I use Google). :)
The description refers to the CE version (which has only 25mW of power), it does not write yours (which has a higher power). It probably can't be raised anymore. Enjoy having an FCC! :)

Have you tried to connect to AC with this method as well? Is it possible to increase the power of the radio transmitter there as well? I guess it is also limited (25mW for CE versions). That would be logical.

In this way, I try to make FCC with Country:US settings. After that it can be changed. Because of, If you bind another AC with your RC. All settings will be cancelled.
How can I fixed. ?
I never tested it, becouse I only have a single remote controller. But, take into account this mod modifies both: controller and aircraft.

R.

I was able to migrate in the way and with the tools provided. Thank you so much for the great description!
From now on, it warns you every time you start that the wifi settings need to be changed. Is that how you behave?

Screenshot_20201201-143725.jpg

If ok, then everything works. I haven’t had a chance to test the range yet.

I was able to migrate in the way and with the tools provided. Thank you so much for the great description!
From now on, it warns you every time you start that the wifi settings need to be changed. Is that how you behave?

View attachment 118223

If ok, then everything works. I haven’t had a chance to test the range yet.

You are right, that message means your hackig procedure was perfect.

Please, share your range test here

R.

Reactions: RC_HC
I've read through this thread a few times now. I have got a fcc controller if I do the disable country it sets country to zz can I change it to US and save it with the disable country setting or will it keep going back to zz. Don't want to get an adapter if it can't be changed to us

Я прочитал эту ветку несколько раз. У меня есть контроллер fcc, если я отключу страну, для которой он устанавливает страну на zz, могу ли я изменить его на США и сохранить с настройкой отключения страны, или он будет продолжать возвращаться к zz. Не хочу покупать адаптер, если его нельзя нам поменять

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa