DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range Trouble While in Mexico - Am I Using CE or FCC?

Superdaddy

Reactions
I live in the US and am traveling in Mexico and I’m noticing significant decreases in range. I don’t know if this problem is because I’m now in an urban area (I normally fly in a more rural area) or DJI switched me to CE due to traveling in Mexico.

I’m hoping that posting my screen shots will allow someone to tell me if I’m on CE or FCC here while traveling.

If I'm using FCC, might I have better luck using 2.4 ghz? If so, how do I switch? Although I selected "custom", I didn't see an option to select one versus the other.

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2011.PNG IMG_2010.PNG

Hi, 11 wifi channels means you are in FCC (CE would have displayed 13 channels). Switching to 2.4 Ghz would probably help to get a better range indeed.

Just tap custom and pick a channel down at the bottom. And you will be surprised I find that the mavic air 2.4 is laggy sometimes 5.8 seems to be very good... it makes sense because DJI has 5.8 at 31 dbm and 2.4 at 28 dbm in fcc... so 5.8 is technically just as strong! and my Phantom 4 Pro just for reference does way better on 5.8.... also another thing to note if you look at your screenshot 2.4 and ALL of its channels has some interference, the longer the bar the more the interference.... 5.8 all the way to the right side (149 to 165= 5.8) is pretty much clear so pick a channel on 5.8 thank me later

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31