DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Range with Mavic Zoom and Goggles RE

Rfern

Reactions
Has anyone had any luck resolving the issue of piss poor range with the zoom and goggles re? I know I’m not the only one and it’s extremely frustrating seeing the money spent. Please excuse me if I’m beating a dead horse but I could not find any other threads detailing it.

I have the same problem beyond a couple thousand feet. Have you noticed any improvement if you switch to 720 rather than 1080?

I have the same problem beyond a couple thousand feet. Have you noticed any improvement if you switch to 720 rather than 1080?
No , I’ve switched from HD to normal mode and it does not help. I only get about 600-1000ft and then it’s crap. I’ve read switching your device to airplane mode has helped some, locking the drone onto 2.4, etc, lots of theories. Going to try the airplane mode thing but nothing else has worked. Turn the goggles off and everything is good. They’re are interfering with the signal between the uav and rc some how. Needs to be fixed . Have a $600 paper weight now.

Let me guess. The range is fantastic without the goggles? The moment the goggles are on you lose signal incredibly close to you? If you are suffering from this problem, you probably forgot to attach the Pagoda antenna to your goggles. Attach it and restart all of your equipment.

Let me guess. The range is fantastic without the goggles? The moment the goggles are on you lose signal incredibly close to you? If you are suffering from this problem, you probably forgot to attach the Pagoda antenna to your goggles. Attach it and restart all of your equipment.
I was understanding that you only can use the Pagoda when flying a Racing drone. It would not work with a Mavic Pro. Am I'm I right or wrong. Thanks.

Reactions: gppms and gejsen
I was understanding that you only can use the Pagoda when flying a Racing drone. It would not work with a Mavic Pro. Am I'm I right or wrong. Thanks.
Some have said that works but not for me.

Pagoda is used only if operating on 5.8GHz.

There's a bug and there's nothing we can do about it until DJI come up with a fix. Make sure to complain to support.
I’ve had the same issues and the pagoda fixes it. Remember that the Mavic 2 runs on 5.8 GHz. This was field tested, by me multiple times.

Reactions: WAXMAN
No , I’ve switched from HD to normal mode and it does not help. I only get about 600-1000ft and then it’s crap. I’ve read switching your device to airplane mode has helped some, locking the drone onto 2.4, etc, lots of theories. Going to try the airplane mode thing but nothing else has worked. Turn the goggles off and everything is good. They’re are interfering with the signal between the uav and rc some how. Needs to be fixed . Have a $600 paper weight now.

Get the latest firmware on the M2 and the Goggles RE, then find the 4.3.0 version of GO 4. That combination seems to work better. I flew with the RE and M2P to nearly 2.5 miles from home point with no problems. Probably could have gone further. I am lucky to revive the older version of Go 4 using my older (no longer used) iPhone 6. I made sure auto-update is turned off so the old version stays put until DJI fixes this problem. Given this observation I think it is an SDK issue.

You can force it not to use 5.8. It helps if you keep it on 2.5 in most cases.
It CAN run on 5.8 but typically offers lower performance when doing so, so just lock it to 2.4 especially when using the goggles, goes from appalling to bad.
These arguments make no sense to me. Why should I force it to use 2.4 GHz if 5.8 GHz works just fine? It’s not difficult. Attach the antenna, issues go away.

These arguments make no sense to me. Why should I force it to use 2.4 GHz if 5.8 GHz works just fine? It’s not difficult. Attach the antenna, issues go away.
Maybe they do for you but you're pretty much the only one to report that, for many others they don't.

Antenna or not in 5.8 my link cuts at 500m if goggles are on. In 2.4 I get about 1.5km. Still crap, but at least somewhat usable.

Reactions: jzilla80

Not sure why the antenna should help. According to DJI, THAT antenna is not used for OcuSync 2

I was getting around 600m but then I loose signal to the goggles. I will try locking it to 2.4 and see if that helps.

I saw that the DJI forum is full of posts about the range issue.

DJI kind of recognized there is a problem. They say their engineers are looking into it...

Let’s keep our fingers x-ed

Reactions: Gut Stuff
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98