DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC 2 MicroSd card ?

rddl

Reactions
Hello,

What is the use of the MicroSd card on the Rc-2 controller for the Air 3 ?

Can you confirm we cannot install 3rd party apps on this controller ?
I understand no SDK will be released.
What I want is apps like
- google maps
- file explorer
- screencasting

Last edited:
@rddl the card for the RC is to increase the amount of storage space ,above the built in 32g storage
at this time i believe it is not possible to install 3rd party apps

@rddl the card for the RC is to increase the amount of storage space ,above the built in 32g storage
at this time i believe it is not possible to install 3rd party apps
For clarity, the internal 32GB is inclusive of the operating system and all app files, which leaves less than 10GB free for any internal "storage." The internal microSD slot is the solution to expanding the available storage to greater than 10GB.

Hello,

What is the use of the MicroSd card on the Rc-2 controller for the Air 3 ?

Can you confirm we cannot install 3rd party apps on this controller ?
I understand no SDK will be released.
What I want is apps like
- google maps
- file explorer
- screencasting

And I - as well as others, apparently - cannot save screen recordings to the SD card. Screen recordings always save to the internal memory, regardless setting it to save to SD.

As of now, still haven't found a use for the SD card in the controller.

Thank you for all your answers.

Did someone copy an apk on the sd card and tried to install it ?

And I - as well as others, apparently - cannot save screen recordings to the SD card. Screen recordings always save to the internal memory, regardless setting it to save to SD.

The main reason is that you can move the pictures/videos from the bird to the controller for viewing and editing. Not everyone moves them to a 'puter.

Reactions: StubbornSwiss

You can still move screen recordings from the internal memory to the microSD card after each flight, if necessary, to keep sufficient internal memory for the next screen recording.

That saved me two days ago. I recommend keeping one in there even if you are not using it.
If you are using it for extra internal storage, maybe back it up with a copy at home, after each drone download, because before using it for flying, it will need to be reformatted, losing any stored data.

Reactions: monchan
If you are using it for extra internal storage, maybe back it up with a copy at home, after each drone download, because before using it for flying, it will need to be reformatted, losing any stored data.
Nah, I put it in there thinking I might use it. But never have. Until two days ago, when it saved my bacon.

Nah, I put it in there thinking I might use it. But never have. Until two days ago, when it saved my bacon.
It's also a good way to "sneaker net" transfer of files from the internal RC storage to a computer without a cable, as any screen recordings appear to be limited to being recorded on the limited internal 32GB, from which they can then be moved to the external storage.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks