DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC battery life in storage?.

saboken

Reactions
I just noticed the one Mavic Pro Platinum RC looses about 10% battery while off after 48 hours in the case! Is this normal? I am charging it again and will check it in 2 days again, I have2 RC units but one is at DJI having a antenna repaired I don’t think that one lost that much battery while off! I don’t know if I have another bad RC out of the box? If so this is ridiculous! I purchased 2 mavic PP drones the first one I opened had a broken antenna so that RC went back now the second has a possible weak battery?

My Mavic Pro RC behaves similar. If freshly charged to 100% before storage, discharging seems to happen slower than if charging state is already below 100%. Due to my experience it will discharge down to about 20%, then discharge will either stop of at least slow down significantly.
Maybe this happens by intention to prevent battery damage during storing, as the Mavic flight batteries are doing.

You need to check discharge settings on each battery. They are preset to 10 Days. I like mine set to 3 days, but if I think I’m going to fly that week, I’ll just restart the timer by pressing the power button.

You need to check discharge settings on each battery. They are preset to 10 Days. I like mine set to 3 days, but if I think I’m going to fly that week, I’ll just restart the timer by pressing the power button.

For the RC controller?

My RC has been sitting for a week and a half, it's down to 88%. So yours sounds a little fast.

Guess I have to send it in to get it looked at I hate to have it die on me early in use. :(

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee